how much weight have you lost

Options
Prior to MFP? I lost whatever my ticker says and 25lbs prior to MFP and have been trying to lose the rest for over a year now I have to beat these pounds off with a stick.. So what about you?

Did you lose any weight prior to MFP?

I lost my 25lbs just by portion control and exercise- But my body got used to it so thats why I joined MFP to see what else I need to tweak to finally lose the rest even though my body likes the weight it is but I don't so I have to work that much harder

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Prior to MFP? I lost whatever my ticker says and 25lbs prior to MFP and have been trying to lose the rest for over a year now I have to beat these pounds off with a stick.. So what about you?

Did you lose any weight prior to MFP?

I lost my 25lbs just by portion control and exercise- But my body got used to it so thats why I joined MFP to see what else I need to tweak to finally lose the rest even though my body likes the weight it is but I don't so I have to work that much harder
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I lost 3 pounds prior to MFP just by cutting back on what I was eating with no exercise. I've lost 10 pounds since joining MFP. I'm just more aware of the calories now and I am making a concerted effort not to overeat the small stuff that I wasn't counting. I was running on a treadmill and lifting light weights in January (when I started). Last week I joined a boxing club and am doing kickboxing. I lost 2 solid pounds in 4 days!

Good luck with your efforts. Your body gets used to certain conditions. You have to do some other cardio and weight bearing exercises to shake things up. Best, CB

123620.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    What you see on my ticker is what I've lost! I knew I wouldn't be nearly as successful without a few tools like the ones MFP offers.

Pretty darn happy with what I've lost! :happy:
  • princessdrake
    princessdrake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had lost about 45lbs in 2007, but started gaining it back over the course of a year. Now here I am!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I lost 8lbs before I started using MFP. I included that in my ticker though to make myself feel like I have made more progress! 198 was my max...but that was not on "fat days" and was on a very inaccurate scale, so I am sure I got up to a little over 200!!! :blushing:

Here's to progress and getting thin and fit! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: 80 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pre mfp!:bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy:
    ~started losing back in 2001 after hubby died.:smile:
    ~~~~a blessing in disguise:flowerforyou:

:grumble: these last few lbs r the hardest:grumble:
  • Mrs_Ford
    Mrs_Ford Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What you see on my ticker is what I've lost! Pretty darn happy with what I've lost! :happy:

Same here! :happy:
  • sblades
    Options
    My ticker reflects my WL from my fattest point in recent memory (234lbs) That was also the first time I saw my trainer, August 08. So - my WL since joining MFP is less, but has been more consistent.
    Good luck all!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    What you see on my ticker is what I've lost! Pretty darn happy with what I've lost! :happy:

Ditto
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options

Ditto

Me too!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My ticker reflects my heaviest weight of 235 which was back in August of 2005. That was the heaviest I've ever been and was when I actively started trying to lose weight. I lost 30 pounds over the course of two years but managed to put back on 15 pounds by being lazy. I weighed 215 when I joined MFP so I have lost around 27 or 28 pounds. I started my ticker at my highest weight to show myself how far I've really come since starting this new lifestyle.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    My ticker reflects my total weightloss from my highest weight until now -- But when I joined MFP I wanted to show my total weight loss including prior to MFP
  • amycakes812
    Options
    I weighed 185 this time 2 years ago. I slowly lost weight and was down to 148 when I found MFP. Now I am down to 136. I like the idea of putting your heaviest weight on your ticker to show just how far you have come! Hope no one minds, but I am going to have to borrow that! :bigsmile:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds prior to MFP...and kept it off till now. I lost it in 2004-2005 I guess. I just think I could stand to lose a few more.
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Back in September I started at 145, and ended at 138 in early November. So I only lost about 7 lbs before I started at MFP.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Went from 250 to 200 before MFP.
    Now I am at approx 185 lbs.

Still have another 35-40 lbs to go:smile:
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs the week before I started with MPF. I actually found this place because I was "googling" how many calories were in a montana's veggie burger and this site came up. The ticker shows everything up until now. I truely believe i wouldnt have been so successful with the rest of the weight if it wasnt for this site!!
    174 was not my heaviest, which is what was the week before going on here. I was in the 180's a few years ago...but this site has given me the proper tools to do this right and once and for all!!!!
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs prior to MFP. I did it by just healthy eating habits, portion control, and exercise :smile:
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    70lbs in 10 months
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I started my weight-loss on Sept 6, 2007 on Ediets. I was on there until February of 08 when I joined MFP. I was essentially doing the same thing. I was counting calories and exercising. Ediets gives you a menu but I didn't really follow it and instead used the calories it gave as a guideline. I lost about 60 pounds doing that and then continued to lose when I came on MFP. I had realized I could find a free program to count calories and exercise and found this site and lost an additional 75 lbs.