My NSV - relief from back pain

Options
I have always suffered from back problems. But since I started exercising, taking care of myself, doing yoga I have noticed a marked improvement in how my back feels. I can get out of bed with out being in agony. Do thinks like empty the dishwasher and get clothes out of the dryer and even pick something up off the floor. And am not in constant pain, now it is just occasional discomfort. This is HUGE for me. I had even put off exercising for fear of hurting my back so bad that I couldnt get out of bed but Iw as wrong. Thank you MFP for helping motivate me to get moving :) and I hope this helps other people that suffer from back pain and are afraid to do certain things for fear of making it worse P

Replies

• 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Feeling your body actually getting healthier is fantastic....
    Keep up the great work!!!
  • DocNorton
    Options
    Hey :)

I've got a torn disc in my back that was costing me a small fortune in chiropractor bills.

I decided to join the gym to help excersise it and it's helped no end :) Plus I've lost like 30lbs in the process :oD
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've had back problems most of my life, so I can totally relate. I've always exercised (running daily), but it wasn't until I started doing yoga a couple of years ago that my back problems got better. I still get hurt once in a while, but not like before. I'm pretty sure it's all that core work that is required for yoga that has helped me immensely. I still run about 3 - 4 times a week, but I always make sure that I do yoga 3 times a week, it's so beneficial!

Thanks for sharing your experience!
  • flutterby6973
    Options
    that is great! well they say that every pound lost is 9 lbs of pressure off your spine.
    keep up the good work :happy:
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I can relate to that! Good for you! To getting laundry out and bending over to pick something upn It's so much easier now!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Before I started changing my life, I had to peal myself out of bed in the morning due to the back pain. It's getting better, but I still have a long way to go.
  • leemarie324
    leemarie324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from back issuss..i had surgery on my lumbar when i was 16 and only got relief for a few years..my L3-S1 are completly gone and my only options were a spinal fusion or get healthy..i am not getting a spinal fusion at 26! I have been doing rev abs and my elliptical and my back has been feeling awsome and i feel like a different person..i have not had to take any pain medication in months! keep up the good work! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!