Hoping to reduce pain and lose some weight while I'm at it!

Options
My goals and hopes for joining this site are two-fold. I have chronic pain, especially in my hips, knee and back. I also have a torn rotator cuff that I am working towards avoiding another surgery for, with my drs. support. (I had rotator cuff surgery a year ago for 4 tears.) My exercise regime right now is mainly PT stuff with some strengthening and some very low impact movement thrown in. My first goal is to strengthen my "problem" areas and thus avoid meds and surgery and to lose about 40 pounds in the process. I am working towards 20-30 minutes a day of PT &/or exercise and a moderate change in eating habits. It's going to be a slow journey, but I am hopeful

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best! I know what it’s like to live with pain. I have sciatica, herniated discs and blocked leg arteries. I hope PT helps you. Small changes at first so you don’t get overwhelmed!
  • lucytyrrell15
    lucytyrrell15 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best. I have Psoriatic Arthritis and have found exercise really helps manage the pain. Good luck you can achieve all your health and wellbeing goals
  • fitandpainfree
    fitandpainfree Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    First two days were an eye opener, especially tracking the food. I was as diligent as I could be having not used this site before. Numbers went up quicker than I thought. (lol) Anyway, will try to be more conscious now that I can see how it works. I did make the exercise goal and even went above by 10 min. (yeah for me!)
    Thanks for the replies. Very sweet.
  • SherryAnnGillisBarney1966
    Options
    I went to Mayo's Pain Rehabilitation Program.

We had stretches, cardio, PT and OT each day.

I have not fully implemented all the program taught, but I can tell a great difference if I miss my morning stretches.

My goal is to get healthy. Weight loss is just a bonus.