Keto Diet

Options
Hello, I am starting the Keto diet. I have researched a lot, but I would like to know if anyone has any personal tips or things they could share. Even meals, or snack ideas.

Replies

• LisaMullins1961
    LisaMullins1961 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started a week ago on Keto, gradually getting into it, was hoping this would help with the Keto flu. On Dec 31, I went right into it and the next few days I began doing the Bulletproof Coffee, this is the only way I can get enough fats in. If you have not read up on it, do so. It sounds gross, but it really has a good taste to it, the key is to get a good blender, or personal blender, I got mine at Walmart, that comes with the cup for less than 10 dollars. And it blends it up so well I can not see any oils at all. You can play with the taste and add different flavorings whatever you like. Looking forward to seeing you on the board.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    There are some groups here for low carb and keto where you can find lots of help. Hopefully someone will post links as I can't right now.

I would suggest supplementing magnesium (the good kind like magnesium citrate or magnesium chelate or anything with -ate, not magnesium oxide...) and do not skimp on salt or be afraid of sodium. You will need lots of electrolytes.

Otherwise, there isn't a need to "get enough fats in" as suggested above. You want to use body fat, right? So don't just add fat because you think you need to eat copious amounts of fat. Keep your carbs low, maintain moderate protein intake, and adjust fats to achieve a calorie deficit.
  • Skyler_mama
    Skyler_mama Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Please join our group in here look for the keto 60 day challenge. In facebook for women only - Girls that Keto - 60 day challenge. Thanks
  • ragingindie9
    ragingindie9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I started keto back in 2015 and loved it. The initial adaptation period can be rough but once your body acclimates and you're truly ketogenic, I've found it to be really great for my overall health and weight. I lost over 30lbs in 3 months the first time I started.

Since then I've fallen off the wagon and now I'm at my heaviest so I'm back on it again! Been really strict and while feeling a little run down and having the sniffles, I'm already feeling great, and optimistic!

Be sure to check out the subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/
    I found that to be so helpful - they have a ton of links, a really thorough FAQ section, a macros calendar, and of course, inspiration and support!

And feel free to friend me on here! Keep calm and keto on!
  • BeautifulinHim
    BeautifulinHim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great tips and sharing your stories! I am very excited and can't wait to see and feel results!
  • Hamidhamid579
    Hamidhamid579 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please join our group in here look for the keto 60 day challenge. In facebook for women only - Girls that Keto - 60 day challenge. Thanks

Hi! I would love to join, but can't seem to find the group. Could you please share the link?
  • LCowles87
    LCowles87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 5 days into keto for the first time and I love it. The adjustment has not been that bad besides headaches and being a grump. But that’s just the detox!

I am already down a pant size even though I’m only at a 4 pound loss.

The staples for me have been avacado, coconut oil, real butter, BACON (lots of it), and cheese. I am also newly obsessed with Bullet proof coffee and drink it in the mornings around 7 and it keeps me full for a good 6-7 hours. Then I eat lunch around 1-2 and then dinner around 6. I’m still not that hungry at dinner but I make something like a hamburger patty with a slice of cheese, mayo and mustard on some lettuce leafs because I know I should eat. Then I fast for 12-13 hours and start all over again. :)

Going from living on carbs and not thinking this would be possible, I’m so surprised I don’t miss carbs and my energy is starting to pick up. I totally see the benefits and plan on making this a lifestyle and not a diet.
  • Mommin18
    Mommin18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Y’all can all add me. I’m doing it too.