any struggling alcoholics/addicts here?

Options
most of the reason i struggle w my weight is bc of my alcohol addiction. would be cool to have friends who understand the situation. feel free to add!

Replies

• rochelleangelroberge
    Options
    Hi, I am an alcoholic and so understand how hard it is to lose weight. I cannot believe how it has affected my body physically as well as every other way. I’m new here but feel free to add me!
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm on the other side of this, as I am in Al-Anon. I lost my wife (she's still alive) because of booze. I encourage all to add me as a friend. But, there's only so much I can do. YOU will have to decide on your path. I can only point in a direction....
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    I hear you. It's a struggle. Daily. But you are not alone. Check out the other thread on Challenges - it's called Less alcohol- december- one day at a time. Lots of people are struggling too. This thread has motivation people who just post and check in. No judgements.
  • natashawcanada
    natashawcanada Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling....Def. hard to loose lbs with alcohol in the picture...I have been 30 days sober and combined with intermittent fasting I have lost 15 lbs.... going to costa rica on jan 24th and I know I will drink. So that's already a struggle in my head ....
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling....Def. hard to loose lbs with alcohol in the picture...I have been 30 days sober and combined with intermittent fasting I have lost 15 lbs.... going to costa rica on jan 24th and I know I will drink. So that's already a struggle in my head ....

What does Costa Rica have to do with it?
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

I'm confused. Aren't you trying to remain sober?
  • APO_Katie
    APO_Katie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I come from an addictive family. Mom is a hoarder and Dad is an alcoholic. I struggle with the alcohol side the most but I am also Bipolar 2. It's under control with medicines, but I'm glad to find liked minded people
  • mamashakesit
    mamashakesit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Right here with you. Almost 7 months sober. Previously quit for a year and then decided to drink some wine at Christmas. Then kept going for another 2 years. I think all the time about how I could be 3 years sober by now. This time, I think of alcohol as pure poison that I won't allow in my temple. I also live in a rural area with big time boozers. I try to remind myself that everyone else and their mother can be a fall down drunk, but I'm the rebel who quit drinking - against the grain of what is normal and literally expected in my area.
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Indeed can be an issue, one of my goals to complete. Everything esle is in plan, and that is one that has to go to be successful