New Member -- Fresh off of HCG

Options
Just signed up an hour ago. I like what I see. Yesterday, I was on Day 26 of the HCG diet when a knowledgeable friend set me straight on how much lean muscle I was also losing! Freaked me out and I quit right then & there.

For years, it seemed I could not lose weight. But, a few months ago, a new doctor started treating me for thyroid disease, estrogen dominance, and the beginnings of sugar intolerance. No wonder I couldn't lose weight! Wish me luck. After the 500 calorie diet I've been eating the past 26 days, I can see that I am going to struggle eating this much food!

Replies

• tubbstattsyrup
    tubbstattsyrup Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    No easy solutions, just straight talking gets you through. Put a wee bit of fun in it and success is not far away. Add me if you want straight to the point talk.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Coming here is definitely a way healthier option. . . Everyone is here to support you. . through ups and downs no matter what your goals are. . .

Just let us know how we can help. Welcome.:smile:
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Just remember -- upping your calories doesn't mean eating junk. Refuel your body, combine it with healthy exercise, and you will see results. Find some folks to lean on for support and you can do very well here. Good luck!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Would love to help in any way I can. This is a great place for support and advice. :flowerforyou:
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Welcome to the journey. It is all about balancing your life and learning what works for you. This is all about making choices for a healthier life not just a quick fix. You hae done a great step to joining the journey!!
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Keep an eye on those macros :)

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • bell33usx2
    bell33usx2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've been there done that. Granted I did loose on HCG but at what risk and guess what? I gained it back and more! Doing it the healthy smart way this time and this is a great place to help you. Welcome and good luck! Just don't get discouraged and you will sure thank yourself in the end. :flowerforyou:
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've heard about the HCG thing. What are the side effects? It's hormones isn't it?
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism also and right now the weight loss is messing with my meds so I need to go back in to get those regulated but losing hasn't been a problem. I do have problems getting all my calories in though, I'm not sure what you have to lose but if it's a lot it won't matter too much in the beginning but as you add exercise & lose you may need to try harder cause you don't want your metabolism to slow down if it feels it's not getting enough. I work on that myself everyday:-)
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for using your BRAIN and getting SMART about your health! Maybe you can inspire some of the other HCG-users on this site to lay off that *kitten*!
  • eventgal
    eventgal Posts: 29
    Options
    Yes, it's a pregnancy hormone. If you actually believe all of the hype, they tell you that the hormone helps you lose fat, not muscle. If you hunt for information on-line from someone who is not selling HCG, you will find out that you do lose fat and some lean muscle after all. My friend, who ran a gym for 15 years and is also a personal trainer, said nature dictates that we lose lean muscle on such a low calorie diet. It made me feel like a silly fool for getting taken with something that wasn't healthy. I thought I was "informed" and "health conscious". Boy! Do I have a lot to learn!!