Loosing weight without eating required calories

Options
KatR13
KatR13 Posts: 39 Member
edited January 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey yall,
I'm working out and eating clean, drinking my water. With my program I'm on a 2500 calorie intake plan. That's a lot. That's why I need to know I can loose weight, not eating all of these required calories? I've read before, that if you don't give your body what it needs and what not, it will hold on to it, and nothing will change.
Any help is greatly appreciated

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You expect to lose weight on 3000 calories a day?

Unless your running a half marathon every single day you will gain weight and fat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    KatR13 wrote: »
    Hey yall,
    I'm working out and eating clean, drinking my water. With my program I'm on a 2500 calorie intake plan. That's a lot. That's why I need to know I can loose weight, not eating all of these required calories? I've read before, that if you don't give your body what it needs and what not, it will hold on to it, and nothing will change.

what are your stats? its unlikely that 2500 cals is a deficit, unless you're very overweight?
  • KatR13
    Options
    I recalculated and messed up somewhere. Thanks for your delight
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Even recalculating at 2500 I doubt you would lose, highly likely you'd gain.

What is your height and weight?
  • KatR13
    Options
    Hey yall,

what are your stats? its unlikely that 2500 cals is a deficit, unless you're very overweight?

I'm 189 lbs
  • KatR13
    Options
    Even recalculating at 2500 I doubt you would lose, highly likely you'd gain.

What is your height and weight?

5'7 189lbs
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey yall,

I'm 189 lbs

sounds unlikely, but you can try it, are you very active?
  • KatR13
    Options
    Hey yall,

I'm 189 lbs

sounds unlikely, but you can try it, are you very active?

I'm doing turbo fire, by the book it was to calculate 650 calorie burn per workout.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    That would be around 1900 calories to maintain your weight with no exercise.

You can not burn 600 calories every single day in exercise, even if you could that would just maintain your weight.

To lose you need to eat around 1400-1650 calories plus eat back any exercise calories. That would allow you to lose around 0.5lb-1lb a week.
  • KatR13
    Options
    That would be around 1900 calories to maintain your weight with no exercise.

You can not burn 600 calories every single day in exercise, even if you could that would just maintain your weight.

To lose you need to eat around 1400-1650 calories plus eat back any exercise calories. That would allow you to lose around 0.5lb-1lb a week.

OK, I'll do that. Thank you
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Don't trust that high calorie burn figure from which ever book it was in, seems inflated to me.

Good luck with your weight loss :)
  • KatR13
    Options
    Don't trust that high calorie burn figure from which ever book it was in, seems inflated to me.

Good luck with your weight loss :)

Thank you so much
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others on the calorie piece.

With respect to the original question:
    I've read before, that if you don't give your body what it needs and what not, it will hold on to it, and nothing will change.

This is not true. You won't not lose because your calories are too low. There ARE reasons not to cut too low (and if you are consistently losing more than 1-2 lbs at your current weight that would likely be too fast and suggest you might be cutting too low), but not because you need to have calories within some narrow range to lose.