300lbs/150kgs & Scared!!!

Options
I had my 2nd child 5 weeks ago and they weighed me in at 165kgs/363lbs. I knew I’d gained weight during my pregnancy but that scared the crap out of me because I’m only 37 and I don’t want to be morbidly obese!
I’ve lost over 100lbs before and then gained it back during my pregnancies but now it’s time to get back on track and save my own life! I know I’ve lost some weight since then, merely due to the birth and I’ve been eating well for the past week but I can’t weigh in for another few weeks as my scales only works up to 150kgs/300lbs! God that’s embarrassing! :-(
Anyone else in the same boat? Just needing to hear from people who are real and always try to be honest!

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It's just your starting number, one you can be very proud of in time if you stick to your calorie goals.

Don't cut anything out, just make the foods you like fit your calorie goals.

Good luck with your weight loss :)
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well, there's your first goal. Be able to weigh yourself on your home scale. Just eat at a modest deficit that is sustainable for you and you'll be there soon. Remember the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady will win the race.

Good luck
  • Jaydensmamma
    Jaydensmamma Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This may not help you at all but before I got pregnant with my son I was actually anorexic. I changed my eating habits a bit when I got pregnant so that I was eating at least what is recommended for me and the baby. I gained 40ish almost 50lbs in that time and it devasted me! The point I am trying to make is that you and your body have been through a lot creating your precious babies but what is important is being healthy for them. My greatest motivator in life is my son and he always will be. On days I start to feel like I want to give up I think to myself "No, my son needs me to be healthy, to set an example, and to do everything I can to live as long as I can for him." I know I wont always be around for my baby but I want that time to be as far away as possible. I feel that your instinct as a mother is to protect yourself to in turn protect your children. Think of your personal wants and goals and then think of them. Push yourself first because you want it and also because they need you to.
    I hope that helped you find motivation. You can and you will do this.
  • OrlaKane339
    OrlaKane339 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I’m going to head out now and go for a walk!!!
  • nursebear1
    nursebear1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes . I'm in the same boat for the weight loss. I weigh currently 303 lbs and want to loss weight because I want to have my first kid. At 34 I feel the clock is ticking and I want to feel the joy of being a mother. I also want to get healthier and reduce my BP and get off some BP meds. Please add me as a friend.

• LetItBurn86
    LetItBurn86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes when you have a lot to lose, we try and do it quickly and I don't know about you but that's how I always end up failing. I'm thinking now I'll be happy just loosing 1lb per week because as long as it's coming off I'm happy. It has to be sustainable. I also think this community will be a great place for ideas, support and much more. Best of luck to you, and everyone else here x