Developing a Routine

Options
Hi,

I'm a newbie trying to come up with a firm exercising routine and need help. For months I've done walking, jogging, and YouTube cardio but I still feel lost in the gym. I still feel like I lack an actual routine. It's helped, and I have had progress in weight loss but I want something more challenging. Just don't know where to start.

Thoughts? Opinions? Tips?

Replies

• BWA468
    BWA468 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I found this lady on YouTube. I'm going to set up a routine based on her ideas and once i get more comfortable and knowledgeable Im going to change it up :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJTOtBrfp98&list=PLOKsR87LELG2KHXUFw4l8UaLRVAyxY4qC&index=6
  • spatula69
    spatula69 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have been using YouTube for months and it is great for workouts.

Whitney Simmons
    Heidi Summers, that's the lady someone else has suggested.
    Has fit
    Fitness blender
    Redefining Strength
    Athlean xx for women
    Body building

Just go on them check them out, it depends on what type of workouts you are looking for. Watch them and get a feel for what they offer in advice and modelling good routines.

Good luck :-)
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    The routine should be suited to your goals, available time, and available equipment/facilities. Give us some info on those things and we can better help you.
  • shesadime22
    shesadime22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    The routine should be suited to your goals, available time, and available equipment/facilities. Give us some info on those things and we can better help you.

I work full time, but I do have availability in the mornings and sometimes evenings. I have access to a gym as well as equipment at home. My goal is to exercise five- six days a week instead of four.
  • g00286581
    g00286581 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try JETFIT App, it’s very good. You can pick the best ready made plan for you and it logs your reps and set and has a timer.. I’ve downloaded the beginner 3d workout and the kettlebells workout ... yesterday was my first day back in a long long time
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

^Re-tweet, the best thing I ever did for myself was start stronglifts. Then throw in cardio days or something in between if you'd like.

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

I work full time, but I do have availability in the mornings and sometimes evenings. I have access to a gym as well as equipment at home. My goal is to exercise five- six days a week instead of four.

If you're goal is to be more active, then you can pretty much do whatever you want. If it's not difficult enough, the increase the time, resistance, or intensity of the exercise.
  • shesadime22
    shesadime22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    g00286581 wrote: »
    Try JETFIT App, it’s very good. You can pick the best ready made plan for you and it logs your reps and set and has a timer.. I’ve downloaded the beginner 3d workout and the kettlebells workout ... yesterday was my first day back in a long long time

I downloaded the app and already love it! Thank you.