Most embarrassing thing you ever did at the gym?

Options
Gregory_Horton
Gregory_Horton Posts: 25 Member
On a heavy leg day, I let out the loudest fart doing deadlifts right next to a lady doing some stretching exercises. Another time I vomited doing heavy squats...too much preworkout I think.

Replies

• Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Where do I even begin? lol
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Better out than in, eh?
    I wasn't watching and I tripped over a piece of gym equipment, caught myself. hey it happens. If you're not going to look like a goofball every now and then, how you ever going to have any fun in life?
  • Gregory_Horton
    Gregory_Horton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh, she did more than hear me lol. I blame the protein of course :)
  • jesse_323
    jesse_323 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Nothing too bad... yet! I was ducking under the bar to do squats and not paying attention and banged the hell out of my head on the bar..
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Hit my chin doing an overhead press
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Squat fail, too heavy & landed on my *kitten* weights clanging on the floor, everybody stopped to look & smirk... :o
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    Squat fail, too heavy & landed on my *kitten* weights clanging on the floor, everybody stopped to look & smirk... :o

No one helped, I would have ran right over. I got a bar stuck on my chest before but I was lifting alone had to drop weights off one side then the other side.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Embarrassing or sad... you decide.
    I was never comfortable in the gym, so sometimes I'd walk in and if there was a good amount of young fit dudes there, I'd walk out to avoid the embarrassment of working out besides them.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I peed during deadlifts during competition...someone else had to clean the platform. I guess that's embarrassing, but I won "best female lifter," so I didn't care.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Didn't happen to me...but I've seen 2 people fall on treadmills. That's super embarrassing; neither was hurt, so I averted my eyes quickly.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »

No one helped, I would have ran right over. I got a bar stuck on my chest before but I was lifting alone had to drop weights off one side then the other side.

You're sweet, actually my "partner" helped me up after laughing at me...so, yea
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Almost fell off the treadmill because I tried to grab my phone that fell on it.
    Farted on the treadmill, might not have been as silent as I thought (I was wearing earbuds).
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I've had "lifters leak" a few times. Had to add a bunch of fiber to my diet - it helped. Not really embarrassing, since nobody noticed and it was fully contained by my cheeks. Cleaned up in the bathroom - but they were close calls. Told my wife about it and she was mortified. I've got her lifting heavy now and she's all paranoid thinking that it's a normal thing to have happen. lol
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I dropped a dumbbell onto my gallon jug and it exploded everywhere. Peak hours too at 5pm. FML
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    I've had "lifters leak" a few times. Had to add a bunch of fiber to my diet - it helped. Not really embarrassing, since nobody noticed and it was fully contained by my cheeks. Cleaned up in the bathroom - but they were close calls. Told my wife about it and she was mortified. I've got her lifting heavy now and she's all paranoid thinking that it's a normal thing to have happen. lol

Keeping this story in my head for when I need a mood boost. Thank you.
  • hunnahs0922
    hunnahs0922 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Too much weight squatting. Did three reps and my knee gave on the last one and I flipped over the rail of the squatting rack. Put me out for 6 months and now I don’t squat anymore! Lol