Weighting the avocado

Options
Weighting is important for us. But you might unknowingly weighting your aguacates, your avocados, different than the rest of us. Without the pit, peeled or as it is, i.e. with pit and unpeeled?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You weigh what you eat
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Weigh what you consume. The calorie content of what you aren't consuming is irrelevant.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you weigh what you eat.....
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    See above^^ They're all right.

Aren't avocado pits toxic to humans?
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options

I have read about people eating them and claiming it has the most nutrition so if they are , maybe it's not that toxic?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    RenaTX wrote: »

I have read about people eating them and claiming it has the most nutrition so if they are , maybe it's not that toxic?

I could be completely wrong... :ohwell:
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Weigh your whole avocado. Peel and pit it. Weigh the peel and pit. Whole avocado weight - Peel/pit weight = logged weight.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Weigh your whole avocado. Peel and pit it. Weigh the peel and pit. Whole avocado weight - Peel/pit weight = logged weight.

Why would you want to go through all that when you could just weight the part you're going to eat...one step with no math?

ditto that. i dont eat a whole avocado in one sitting. i slice it in half, pull the pit out, slice out what i want, and weigh that. the rest gets wrapped and put in the fridge for later.

even if i was going to eat it all, id pit it pull out the flesh, and weigh that.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Why would you want to go through all that when you could just weight the part you're going to eat...one step with no math?
    1. I love avocado and can't imagine cutting into one without eating the whole thing.
    2. I tend to get half way through preparation and remember I need to weigh things.
    3. OP seemed to be looking for beginner info on logging, and the subtraction method can be useful.

Point taken though
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options

Life is too short to be bothered doing all that.

I just use the USDA entries for small, med and large avocados. When in doubt, I just use the large/higher cal entry.