Nude gym

Options

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    See the thing is, I am okay with the nudity — even though I turn into a five year old at the thought.

What I bristle at that training nude adds nothing. It doesn’t speed up the rate of adaptation, nor does it speed up recovery.

It superfluous marketing.

Just picturing what the knurl on my barbell would do my stark naked back without a t-shirt squatting makes me want to wear extra layers.
    Options
    See the thing is, I am okay with the nudity — even though I turn into a five year old at the thought.

What I bristle at that training nude adds nothing. It doesn’t speed up the rate of adaptation, nor does it speed up recovery.

Just picturing what the knurl on my barbell would do my stark naked back without a t-shirt squatting makes me want to wear extra layers.

I think some people might say that nude is the natural state and we should rather be asking what clothing adds to the rate of adaptation or speed of recovery. The answer would be hygiene and protection, modesty (for me) and comfort.

Of course, in the case of this gym, I agree it's just marketing.
    I can think of way better things to do naked than work out. Lol

• JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think the ancient romans or greeks used to exercise naked- hence the origin of the word "gymnasium" which means "to exercise naked". I wonder if that's what the creators of that gym had in mind, going back to the roots...either that or "yeah dude nekked hotties! hi five!!"
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Anyone need a spot?

^^ that made me chuckle.
    I for sure don't want manly parts or tampons string dangle in my face if I need help with the bar!
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have a gym in my basement. I do not train nude.

Me too and me neither. However, lately it's been 9C in the basement. Just touching a cold bar with my hands is enough for me.
    Options

I think some people might say that nude is the natural state and we should rather be asking what clothing adds to the rate of adaptation or speed of recovery. The answer would be hygiene and protection, modesty (for me) and comfort.

I've been racking my brain, but I just can't think of anything.
    I’ve been known to vacuum and make coffee in the nude. You mean those?
    Options
    I have a gym in my basement. I do not train nude.

Me too and me neither. However, lately it's been 9C in the basement. Just touching a cold bar with my hands is enough for me.
    My basement is just warm enough in winter but damp and cool in summer. I got lucky in that department
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Only in NY! I live here!
    Options

I was thinking of eating thin crust NY style pizza.
    Punk rock and pizza hubba hubba
    Options

I was thinking of eating thin crust NY style pizza.
    Punk rock and pizza hubba hubba
    Naked

Is there any other way?
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Th fantasy of a nude gym is the same as the nude beach.

The reality shatters the fantasy.
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Er no, lol