The one thing that helps you the most....

Options
Wondering what that one thing helps others stay on track? For me, it seems to be pre-logging my food!! That way I’m not wondering what to eat, I just look at my diary and eat what’s listed.

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I put my gym classes and a time for morning jogs on my calendar and keep those appointments for myself. It helps me keep my exercise commitments.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Prelogging the night before helps me the most. I always have a plan, and I know how many calories I’ll have as well as having foods that I really like for dinner. The treadmill first thing in the am is another. I am consistent with getting in a mile before other things come up mon-Friday.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Meal planning and prelogging
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging & exercise
  • PTLamg
    PTLamg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sounds like meal planning is a must! What happens when u go out to eat? Any suggestions?
  • myles1230
    myles1230 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Meal prep and gangster rap!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    PTLamg wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Sounds like meal planning is a must! What happens when u go out to eat? Any suggestions?

a) I don't go out to eat very often.

b) I look the place up online and try to get the calories off their website if I can before I go out.

• pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    My food scale and logging. I dont prelog anything, but I log what i eat and keep my calories where MFP says they should be for me.
  • kissedbythesunlight
    Options
    A food scale was a must for me. You’d be surprised how much you think you’re eating vs how much you’re actually eating. You wouldn’t believe how much a serving of pasta actually is lol.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Focusing on my goals with weight lifting. My diet follows.
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Eating the same food as my family, just focusing on portion control and sizes.
  • dawn__westbury
    dawn__westbury Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    myles1230 wrote: »
    Meal prep and gangster rap!

What IS gangster rap anyway? I’m old school so I think back to the “old days” as my kids would say lol. But who it is today?
  • Sira125
    Sira125 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    A scale is huge not only on a meal basis but it (along with a bunch of small containers) make dividing recipe results/cooked foods into equal portion sizes for later eating so much easier. Prelogging food also helps especially on days you know may be difficult.
  • rdc1913
    rdc1913 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Definitely prelogging!