Any plant-based Vegans out here?

Options
What are your favorite recipes?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options
    What's a non-plant based vegan?

Oreos and Mountain Dew are Vegan, right?

Dang.

This vegan thing is beginning to sound better & better all the time....
  • Seitnyx
    Seitnyx Posts: 33 Member
    Options

90% of my calories come directly from whole plants. Whereas some people eat a lot of processed vegan foods like pasta and breads or substitute meats etc. 90% of what i eat comes from grains, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and only about 10% from processed foods.
  • Seitnyx
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Dang.

Hahah they are! Join us
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Seitnyx wrote: »

90% of my calories come directly from whole plants. Whereas some people eat a lot of processed vegan foods like pasta and breads or substitute meats etc. 90% of what i eat comes from grains, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and only about 10% from processed foods.

Pasta and bread are made from grains. Which come from plants.
  • Seitnyx
    Options

Pasta and bread are made from grains. Which come from plants.

It does but it’s processed. I could’ve been more specific and said whole food vegans or something but the vast majority of vegans refer to this type of eating as plant-based vegan. I’m just trying to weed out the vegans that eat a lot of meat substitutes or processed foods as it doesn’t align with my lifestyle. If you have any recipes feel free to share.
  • Motorsheen
    edited January 2018
    Options

Dang.

Hahah they are! Join us

Thanks... but I gotta have eggs, fish and grilled chicken.

Kicking red meat to the curb isn't a big deal, but lifting and not having eggs as a protein source, I can't do.

I try to make it easy.... if my great-grandmother wouldn't recognize it as food, I don't eat it.
  • Seitnyx
    Options

Dang.

Hahah they are! Join us

Kicking red meat to the curb isn't a big deal, but lifting and not having eggs as a protein source, I can't do.

I try to make it easy.... if my great-grandmother wouldn't recognize it as food, I don't eat it.

I’m vegan for the many health benefits, I don’t care to push other people to be vegan but if you decide you do want to be vegan just know there are other protein sources and plenty of lifters that are vegan, you just have to do your research and get creative. But do what you like best and what works for you! It’s definitely not for everyone. Cutting out red meat either way is definitely a good idea lol
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Dang.

Hahah they are! Join us

I’m vegan for the many health benefits, I don’t care to push other people to be vegan but if you decide you do want to be vegan just know there are other protein sources and plenty of lifters that are vegan, you just have to do your research and get creative. But do what you like best and what works for you! It’s definitely not for everyone. Cutting out red meat either way is definitely a good idea lol

That's kind of you; thank you.

• AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat any meat substitutes and eat mostly whole fruits, veggies, and whole grains. Not to say I eat no processed food (I do eat bread and pasta and I like to bake). I've been nearly vegan for ages, and decided to kick that last bit of dairy to the curb at the first of the year.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    You should post in the Recipes thread.