100+ to drop! Need accountability

Options
Hey y’all! I’m starting over .. again.. I’m determined to make it stick. I have over 130lbs to drop. I joined I love kickboxing and signed up for our local monument 10k for April. Advice for beginners who want to eventually be runners? Advice on how to stick with it? Cheat days yes or no? When is it an injury or just soreness? When you are 300lbs it’s not easy to move.. but I was once an athlete, I want to be there again before I’m 40! Add me as a friend! I can use any positive push!

Replies

• jenrenee_hecker
    jenrenee_hecker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I started with about 100 to lose and am down 38 so far.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I sent you an invite. As someone also over 300 some advice I would give is be okay with starting small. You can't compare yourself to who you used to be or you will just keep being disappointed when you get hurt or can't do something. It becomes super frustrating. I would suggest starting with walking, and just keep increasing your distance. When you can consistently walk a 5k without stopping, then move up to jogging. The couch to 5K program is amazing and it's free. There are some paid ones but you don't need to use those unless you want their specific audio or encouragement. Good luck on your journey I hope we can keep each other motivated.