Hey, I'm Alec, it's nice to be here!

Options
I'm currently on a Ketogenic diet that limits me to 20 carbs a day. And it's pretty hard so far, the cravings of sweet and savory treats like yogurt or even hummus...

Replies

• suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Alec, nice to meet you.

Your diet sounds super restrictive when you consider that most veggies have carbs in them. However, do whatever works for YOU. Good luck with your fitness goals!
  • alecschanno
    alecschanno Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    suerlewis2 wrote: »
    Hi Alec, nice to meet you.

Your diet sounds super restrictive when you consider that most veggies have carbs in them. However, do whatever works for YOU. Good luck with your fitness goals!

My daily intake is as follows;

1806 calories
    156 g fats
    20 g carbs
    81 g protein

There's some food I'll miss for sure, but I love fish and red meats, so I feel good about this.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    There are Keto groups on here--you can do a search. It's your choice if that's how you want to lose weight. I don't do it, however don't want to shoot you down. It's a diet that is pushed by the media. Some people need to do it for health reasons. It is restrictive and unnecessary for most. If you find it doesn't work for you after a period of time, don't give up on weightloss. There are simpler things you can do. Best of luck.
  • alecschanno
    alecschanno Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There are Keto groups on here--you can do a search. It's your choice if that's how you want to lose weight. I don't do it, however don't want to shoot you down. It's a diet that is pushed by the media. Some people need to do it for health reasons. It is restrictive and unnecessary for most. If you find it doesn't work for you after a period of time, don't give up on weightloss. There are simpler things you can do. Best of luck.

What diet would you suggest for someone in my position? I'm 5'2" short and weight 260 pounds.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    No diet, just eat the foods you like that fit your calorie goal.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

What diet would you suggest for someone in my position? I'm 5'2" short and weight 260 pounds.

I'm not saying keto isn't for you. The simplest thing to do is plug your stats into MFP. It'll give you a daily calorie goal. Start weighing and measuring what you eat and drink--a digital food scale is essential. Try to stay within that calorie goal everyday. Don't worry, it takes a bit to get used to it. Then if you're not exercising now, start with some light movement everyday--walking is fine to start. Find something you like doing, not everyone has to go to the gym. Build up your time and speed--slowly. If you're not losing after a couple of weeks come back on and ask. Read the sticky posts, especially the "Sexy pants" thread, and how and why to use a food scale. That should get you launched. Best of luck!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Options
    Welcome..Alec, whatever you do I wish you luck :)
    Personally I just used the diary, ate what I wanted and kept within my cal limit. Mfp does work.