How much do you care what others think of u?

Options
EEAngelina
EEAngelina Posts: 1,208 Member
Not much... I’m me ... if you don’t like me stay away or don’t look. I can’t be fake... am I obnoxious and rude sometimes ....yes, but that’s something I can own up to and say I’m sorry. But my answer is I don’t care.....I’m tired of living my life based on what people think of me.

Replies

• pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Consciously, not a lot, unconsciously, I find myself doing some things, cause I feel it's expected
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
  • EEAngelina
    EEAngelina Posts: 1,208 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »

That’s what I strive for...listen to me I guess it still bothers me some..... I’m different so I get more scrunity
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,119 Member
    Options
    As much as we all want to care little for what others think about us, it seems we all have a natural tendency to want acceptance from society as a whole...It's only the degrees of that want..When I was a teenager, what other thought about me was the most important thing...at least on the top 5 list. As I got more experienced in life (read: older), I realized that what I thought about myself was more important. Now, I am at a place in my life, where if you don't like me...that's your problem, not mine.
  • angel4732
    angel4732 Posts: 14,898 Member
    Options
    The people I love, I care what they think.....that's it
  • bigjuicy1234
    bigjuicy1234 Posts: 22,577 Member
    Options
    After being called a fatass my whole life by my mother and not allowed to have things or do things because she said i was to fat since the age of 7. I have become numb to what people think about me. Love me and ill love you back, hate me and what ever i dont really care.
  • hunnahs0922
    hunnahs0922 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I actually do care what people think about me. I try to be a friendly, funny and help when I can. The old saying treat others like you would like to be treated. It doesn’t happen that often but there’s been a few times I’ve gotten the same treatment back and it does feel pretty good
  • lariel16
    lariel16 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A. Lot. I admire those that can do or say things without worrying about what others think, but I'm just not there yet. I always seem to say or do the wrong thing unintentionally, which gets major backlash from others sometimes. It has me constantly worried about every move I make (or don't make). I guess this worry stems from the fact that I was bullied so much growing up, so I don't like to make others feel the way I did back then. I hate hurting people, even when they hurt me (turn the other cheek, right?). But sometimes you just have to not care! I have to teach myself that it's not always about hurting people's feelings, but rather you gotta do what you gotta do occasionally to get things done. No one else is going to make stuff happen for me if I'm not the one to light the fire.
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I care too much. As I get older I have a more F you attitude about it but I still care some. I catch myself changing my clothes a lot because I know certain people will always judge me on how I dress.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty shy and quite but if someone doesn't like me, *kitten* them... It's most likely do to some internal struggle that has nothing to do with me anyway
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I care very little what most people think of me, but I care very much what a few people think of me.