What r we eating for breakfast

Options

Replies

• Schenjena
    Schenjena Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat around 10 or 11 - have switched to three meals a day no snacks and seeing a big difference in fat loss and maintenance. I find I am not as hungry. My go-to breakfast is two hard-boiled eggs with Frank's Hot Sauce and a homemade chia pudding.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Rheddmobile
    Are you using dried cranberries. I used some of those in my oatmeal the other day. Looked at calories after the fact wow lots of calories in a little bit. Going to stick to my frozen blueberries.

Dried fruit may be higher in calories but they are also high in nutrients. Nothing wrong with them.

@rheddmobile Tagging you so you see it.

I'm using fresh cranberries, dried cranberries are delicious but usually made with added sugar which isn't good for my diabetes. Although I do sometimes eat dried cranberries on a chicken wrap with pesto - I have to limit myself to about a tbsp or it spikes my levels. Fresh cranberries also make a good addition to hot tea.

Fresh and frozen berries of most kinds have pretty low sugar for the amount of sweetness they contain - frozen blueberries sounds great!
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have absolutely no time to make breakfast so usually a cereal bar, smoothie or some fruit.
    Some days I'll have scrambled eggs on a slice of toast or sweet chilli and avocado on toast.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Oats made by pouring boiling water to soften, then added frozen berries and greek yogurt, plus home made ham cheese egg English muffin heated in microwave
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,966 Member
    Options
    This week I'm having toast spread with homemade liver pate --at least, it's what I grew up calling pate. It's just cooked poultry liver (we always made it from the turkey liver at Thanksgiving and again at Christmas if we had another turkey, but I didn't cook a turkey this year, so I made it from a pound of chicken livers, which made a much bigger batch than a single turkey liver would) mashed up with mayo, lemon juice, salt, and diced hard-boiled egg. The recipe my mother used called for raw chopped onion, but I saute the onion, with a little thyme if I have it, and I sometimes add a splash of cognac or cherry liqueur. So tasty. As a kid I always liked it spread on a sandwich of leftover turkey in lieu of mayo, but without the turkey, there's no leftover turkey (funny how that works :) )
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm having Greek yoghurt with fruit and baobab powder.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, pancakes with almond butter and syrup, scrambled eggs, bacon and coffee.
    Today planned Jimmie Dean breakfast bowl
  • Kothe1017
    Kothe1017 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
  • suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Veggie scramble, who'd have thunk of brussels for breakfast ?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    suerlewis2 wrote: »

Why not?
  • suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Habit and social conditioning I guess!! With hindsight, gotta say, I'll take the eggy brussels over boxed cereal any day. Sheer volume wins for me I'm afraid!
  • rckeeper22
    rckeeper22 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Three eggs over easy, 3/4 cup plain oatmeal with one cup almond milk, mixed with a tablespoon of powdered peanut butter and half a banana.

Like others have said, it's my most dense meal WRT both macros and calories, but I find that it works well to keep me going throughout the day. I'm one of those people who craves breakfast (always have), but as was mentioned, there are folks who do just fine without it too.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    today it was puffed kamut and Breakstone crunchy clusters
    oatmeal with fruit
    boiled eggs and berries or melons
    birds Eye lentil zucchini pasta
    shake
    I am on a low sodium diet since October, almost all processed choices have so much sodium.
    my body can't handle sodium,congestive heart failure
  • Lpaul50
    Lpaul50 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup of oatmeal and frozen berries.been eating that for long time.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I got this overnight oats recipe from Skinnytaste that was really good-had blueberries and bananas in it, and chia seeds. I was skeptical that it'd keep me full all morning but it did, I'm going to make more for this week. :)
  • Rebecca9048
    Rebecca9048 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lately, it’s an egg with veggies on an English muffin with a bit of cheese.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    suerlewis2 wrote: »

Brussel sprouts cooked with smoked sausage and eggs is my favorite brunch. Brussels and sausage are soul mates. <3
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Two big mugs of coffee and either yoghurt or cottage cheese and fruit. Sometimes toast and a laughing cow wedge, or a "toaster size" ie smaller bagel and same. Once in a while hot oatmeal. If I had my *kitten* together, overnight oats. Once I had a tuna sandwich because I just really wanted that. I do hit the gym pretty much right after and have another 100 cals after and again an hour later and then slide on into lunchtime. So I spread 3-400 cals all over the morning, which I've found works for me.
  • jasondwightpowell
    jasondwightpowell Posts: 40 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    2 whole eggs
    6 egg whites
    ¾ cup oatmeal (almond milk or water)
    ½ cup of fruit of your choice
  • gdsmit1
    gdsmit1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Usually a Greek yogurt real early and a cottage cheese mid morning. I find splitting my breakfast like this helps it keep me from snacking.
    OldHobo wrote: »
    a 50/50 mixture of steel cut oats and buckwheat groats. I don't think my big corner grocery store sells buckwheat groats.
    Never thought of this. Do they cook in the same time as the steel cut oats?
    Dried fruit may be higher in calories but they are also high in nutrients. Nothing wrong with them.
    Often dried cranberries also have added sugar. Not necessarily a bad thing, but something to watch out for.