Xmas water weight gain and drop - Give us your data!

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Here are my Libra stats. As of today, I'm only 1lbs up from my original weight before the Christmas feasting week began. We had 3 dinners and spent 2 nights out of town, eating at our favourite restaurants. I'm pleased I only gained about 1lbs of fat!

djn7jb49yvfc.jpg

52vmi551j389.jpg
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Stopped seriously tracking on the 23rd didn't start back up until the 31st. I was 148lbs before the holidays and I was 150.5 on the 1st of January. As of this morning (3 days after) I am down 1.2lbs so I'm at 149.3lbs atm.

From what I remember eating, some of that has to be some real fat lol I ate way over maintenance most days. I'm surprised I only went up 2.5lbs to be completely honest. But I'm back on track and hitting it harder than ever.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Gained 2 pounds during the holiday from 190 to 192. Currently sitting at 189.6lbs. Not too shabby in my opinion, I did eat out a lot haha!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    Weight goes up; weight comes down.

I'd banked calories with extra exercise this week, so I enjoyed myself on Chrimbo day here in Australia. Logged guesstimates, and was maybe 500 calories / 2000 kilojoules over my daily maintenance limit.

My scale weight rose 3 lbs / 1.4 kg on Boxing Day morning. Not to panic!...

It fell back down 2.4 lbs / 1.1 kg the next day.

Today's moving average weight in Happy Scale is the same as it was on December 24.

Let's see your gains and falls and hopefully ease some people's worries.

No idea...I was in Tanzania for 12 days over the holidays and just returned late Tuesday night. I haven't stepped on a scale, but airline travel always makes me bloat...I had 46 straight hours of travel returning home and my feet are still swollen and my shoes are super tight.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

No idea...I was in Tanzania for 12 days over the holidays and just returned late Tuesday night. I haven't stepped on a scale, but airline travel always makes me bloat...I had 46 straight hours of travel returning home and my feet are still swollen and my shoes are super tight.

That sounds very annoying. What causes people to bloat due to air travel anyways? I actually never knew this happened until visiting these forums.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member

That sounds very annoying. What causes people to bloat due to air travel anyways? I actually never knew this happened until visiting these forums.

Usually it's a combination of dehydration, diet changes, and air pressure changes.

It's counterintuitive, but certain levels of dehydration cause water weight gain/retention.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member

air pressure in the pressurized cabin is generally far less than what it is on the ground...also sitting for hours causes fluids to build up and pool. I get up and walk around as much as possible, but it doesn't really help much, especially on a really long series of flights.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    edited January 2018
    The whole of December was pretty much a write off for me so many social events and eating out. Combine that with being ill and flying to see family over chrismas and I'm up from 77.8kg beginning of december to 83.1kg as of december 31st. So gained a whopping 5.5kg (12.1lbs) Started logging properly again on the 1st of Jan. Back down to 81.3 as of this morning and still peeing far more than the liquid I ingest. I'm expecting it to slow down next week really.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    efnmb8mh9vbv.png

My biggest increase was after New Year's Eve. Officially back to pre-Christmas weight this morning.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I bounced around 137-140 most of December and weighed at 136 today after three straight days of good discipline.
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    I went off the rails pretty much November and December - gained 15 lbs (so much for not losing but not gaining!). I'm down 7 as of this morning.
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    I went off the rails pretty much November and December - gained 15 lbs (so much for not losing but not gaining!). I'm down 7 as of this morning.

Same for me. I'm up 11 pounds as of Sunday. I'm back on the wagon starting yesterday. I probably won't weigh in again for a week or two, so i'm not sure how fast i'll drop some of the water weight.
  • monica182
    monica182 Posts: 60 Member
    25/12/17 - 211
    2/1/18 - 213.5
    5/1/18 - 208.5

Ate way more over the Christmas New Year period than I have been (antipasto style food made up most of the extra) but still tried to maintain a small deficit through lots of walking while on holiday. Still logged every day but lots of guesstimates. Got a Fitbit for Christmas (have never had one before) and was a little dubious I was in deficit although my calories burned says I was. Back at day 3 of purposeful exercise and controlled eating and down 2.5 pounds from Christmas Day. Looks like I should be trusting the Fitbit!
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    This Tuesday (2nd) I was 136.7 from my lowest before Christmas 130.4 :# 2 days back on track and I'm so happy to say that I was 132.6 today YAY "almost" back to my lowest :D Talk about crazy fluctuations!!!
  • purpleannex
    purpleannex Posts: 61 Member
    Lost 1lb over Christmas, eating whatever I wanted, lost 7lbs since January 1st. Obviously most of that has to be water.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited January 2018
    We traveled between Christmas and New Years to celebrate the holidays, DH's birthday and our anniversary. Had no bathroom scale, ate every meal out, did not track calories, did no strength training or intentional cardio. Also drank wine at every meal. Sometimes too much. But I think we walked ~4mi per day (based on DH's Fitbit), and that's real close to my normal cardio mileage. I've only been back home a couple days, (and forgot to weigh myself the first 2 days back :o ), but it seems like my scale weight is the same as it was before Christmas. It's nice to take a short break from tracking and training, but truly, tracking is the easiest way to control my weight, and at this point, it's a habit. So I'm back to the routine. Happy 2018, everybody!
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    I'm up 5lbs from 22nd December to 2nd Jan, Started logging and counting again still no sign of it shifting yet.
  • pikovacheva
    pikovacheva Posts: 20 Member
    I gained 2kg after the 27th and today I`m back to normal. It was a very fast gain-drop.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Duchy82 wrote: »
    The whole of December was pretty much a write off for me so many social events and eating out. Combine that with being ill and flying to see family over chrismas and I'm up from 77.8kg beginning of december to 83.1kg as of december 31st. So gained a whopping 5.5kg (12.1lbs) Started logging properly again on the 1st of Jan. Back down to 81.3 as of this morning and still peeing far more than the liquid I ingest. I'm expecting it to slow down next week really.

To update down to 80.9 this morning averaging about a 0.5kg loss a day I think I'm getting to the end now maybe another 0.5kg (just a feeling not fact).