DOMS

Options
So I feel a little sore today from working on my biceps & back 2 days ago and legs yesterday. Should I go to the gym today and just do some cardio? My question is...Is it better to let your muscles heal or continue to work out with sore muscles?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Yes do some cardio, it'll actually help, muscles do need time to repair but keeping moving aids that.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Currently the bane of my existence lol.... I work through it, my workout schedule basically keeps me sore all the time but it rotates through what ever I worked out the day or 2 before.If I was to take time off to let the DOMS disappear I would not make any progress. I don't find they last too long and they get less and less the more you work out.

One thing to keep in mind there is sore which is good and pain which is bad.
  • chrisi9conway
    chrisi9conway Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I find starting and or finishing a session on a foam roller near eliminates DOMS
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    cgcampan wrote: »
    So I feel a little sore today from working on my biceps & back 2 days ago and legs yesterday. Should I go to the gym today and just do some cardio? My question is...Is it better to let your muscles heal or continue to work out with sore muscles?

What were you supposed to do at the gym today? Pushing exercises would be fine. Cardio would be fine too. Sometimes even doing a few lighter sets of the muscles that ate sore will help ease the doms.