Protein bars

Options
I've tried so many but all too dense anyone recommend bars as nice as Grenade without the price tag thanks!

Replies

• agerke752
    agerke752 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like Oatmega bars.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Just looked at the grenade sites. Love the UK flavour options.

If you are in North America you may like the Smart for Life bars. They are like a chocolate covered rice crispy square, quite light and crunchy.

Available on line and from Costco in Canada.
  • shortie555
    shortie555 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like think thin, Landau protein bars (they are a kosher brand), and I just tried Perfect Bar - higher calorie, but really good!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How about a bar based on a puffed cereal. In Canada there are these Simply bars. I like the lemon.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Why do you want them? A protein shake is 1/3 the cost and usually half the calories. I buy the Kirkland bars at Costco for when I get stuck on track and away from civilization for the day. Cheap, moderate calories, and decent protein amount despite it mostly being soy.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein brand. They kind of taste like a treat. 180-200 calories usually, 19-21g protein. I buy the value pack either from SAM's club for like $16 for 18 bars or recently I ordered on Amazon for $11 for 18 bars. I use them as part of my lunch because I'm really a snack person while I'm at work so these work for me.
  • jasondwightpowell
    jasondwightpowell Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not a protein bar but this is my go to:
    Lenny & Larry's - The Complete Cookie
    Calories - 400
    Fat - 14g
    Sodium - 360mg
    Carbs - 62g
    Sugars - 24g
    Protein - 16g
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Guess it depends what country you're in really, I really like PHD bars and Pulsin, I buy them in bulk online the PHD ones work out around £1.60 each and the Pulsin ones around £1.30 each.
  • rckeeper22
    rckeeper22 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars are awesome, and one of the most highly rated in terms of nutritional balance when you look at what goes in to them; though I'm not sure if they're available outside the US.