Back to discussing sausages....

Options

Replies

• eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Do you have to remove the sausage's wrapping to eat it safely?

No! Traditional sausages are encased in intestinal linings. Yum, right?

Ever try a blood sausage?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Well, I guess it depends on the sausage in play. I mean, if it's a beef summer sausage for example, you do need to remove the wrapper. But generally for heated sausages, you definitely leave the wrapper on. Extra points if it's a natural & organic casing.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    eccomi_qui wrote: »

No! Traditional sausages are encased in intestinal linings. Yum, right?

Ever try a blood sausage?

Sadly, I am not a big fan of blood sausage. Now.. bangers and mash? TO DIE FOR!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Black Farmer, pork sausage, fried, with onions, a generous smear of English Mustard. Then squeezed into a fresh soft roll.

28foly5ag8e8.png
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    OP years ago your profile pic featured you opening wide to insert a hotdog in your mouth while slyly side-eyeing the camera.

But now it's sausages and a keen interest in sausages seem to be a Canadian thing that crosses all gender lines.

I feel like I'm being left out of some sort of inside joke that I should understand.

Could you toss us a hint perhaps or throw out a vague analogy?

Let me explain the timeline of events

Yesterday I put a very large sausage in my mouth and took a picture of that and sent it to some of my friends

I referenced that picture again today in the thread of drama, which created a nice tangent of which we could all talk about yummy deliciousness instead of doxing people and harassing them

OP and I discussed the merits of sausages and cooking them and thus this thread was birthed

I’m not sure beyond that of any inside joke but I’d love the legend of the sausage to live on forever

• odusgolp
    Options
    OP years ago your profile pic featured you opening wide to insert a hotdog in your mouth while slyly side-eyeing the camera.

But now it's sausages and a keen interest in sausages seem to be a Canadian thing that crosses all gender lines.

I feel like I'm being left out of some sort of inside joke that I should understand.

I don't eat hotdogs nor have I ever had a picture with one in my mouth.

You may be confusing that mental image you've made with one of me eating a pickle spear in a cheese castle, while seated next to the leg lamp from A Christmas Story.

No vague analogy needed. As a Wisconsin native, we do take our sausages and grilling seriously. And given the climate, alternate cooking methods were being explored; until our little thread got locked. I feel it's still worth exploring the topic.

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    All I know is I am hungry enough to eat all the sausages right now. I prefer them grilled or at least with crispy skin so all the juices burst when you bite into it.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Black Farmer, pork sausage, fried, with onions, a generous smear of English Mustard. Then squeezed into a fresh soft roll.

What, pray tell, is Black Farmer?
  • odusgolp
    Options
    eccomi_qui wrote: »

Let me explain the timeline of events

Yesterday I put a very large sausage in my mouth and took a picture of that and sent it to some of my friends

I referenced that picture again today in the thread of drama, which created a nice tangent of which we could all talk about yummy deliciousness instead of doxing people and harassing them

OP and I discussed the merits of sausages and cooking them and thus this thread was birthed

I’m not sure beyond that of any inside joke but I’d love the legend of the sausage to live on forever

I can't decide if "Like" "Insightful" or "Inspiring" are most appropriate. Perhaps a "Woo" or "Hug" would also do.

I'm so perplexed.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    All I know is I am hungry enough to eat all the sausages right now. I prefer them grilled or at least with crispy skin so all the juices burst when you bite into it.

EXACTLY. You get sausages.
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like to sousvide them in beer and then either lightly grill, fry or use a cooking torch to get that brown look.

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Period Enthusiast
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

This guy knows his meat.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I like to sousvide them in beer and then either lightly grill, fry or use a cooking torch to get that brown look.

Period Enthusiast
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

Don't you put things in a bag in water to sousvide? How would it absorb the beer? Or is this another Canadian trick... I'm onto you slippery *kitten*.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I feel bad. I lied to you all.

I totally eat hotdogs at ballgames.

I'm sorry.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »

1u2fwpqyh7if.png
  • odusgolp
    Options

I don't eat hotdogs nor have I ever had a picture with one in my mouth.

You may be confusing that mental image you've made with one of me eating a pickle spear in a cheese castle, while seated next to the leg lamp from A Christmas Story.

No vague analogy needed. As a Wisconsin native, we do take our sausages and grilling seriously. And given the climate, alternate cooking methods were being explored; until our little thread got locked. I feel it's still worth exploring the topic.

Well maybe it was a pickle. I suppose my mind was in the gutter at the time thinking it was a hot dog. I'm sorry.

No need for apologies at all dear. Our minds are normally in the gutter, but that's strictly prohibited on MFP. There is no sexual innuendo what-so-ever.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

Period Enthusiast

Stop talking, Eric.
  • odusgolp
    Options

1u2fwpqyh7if.png

I will find this. I will devour this. Thank you.