Best Low Calorie Mexican

Options
2»

Replies

• Nery_Tay
    Nery_Tay Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I always do this: Eat something small, Workout. Then By the time dinner comes eat a vegetarian burrito. I've read a study saying your body will burn calories from your initial workout throughout the day. Now I say stay away from the cheese because there is no telling how much salt there is.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Kidzfun wrote: »
    I always do this: Eat something small, Workout. Then By the time dinner comes eat a vegetarian burrito. I've read a study saying your body will burn calories from your initial workout throughout the day. Now I say stay away from the cheese because there is no telling how much salt there is.

At a Mexican restaurant, they're likely to be liberally salting all the components of a vegetarian burrito (beans, rice, vegetables, etc). Avoiding the cheese for sodium purposes seems like shutting the barn door after the horse has left.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    One night out for some delicious food here and there isn't going to be particularly relevant to the bigger picture.

While this is true, I don't want people to misconstrue the significance of that statement. "here and there" and "bigger picture" is a relative term. Depending on the deficit you're able to maintain and how many calories there are in your "delicious food", some people might be able to enjoy a free meal like that once a week, while others might have to limit it to once a month.
  • 0305bp
    0305bp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ceviche is typically a good bet, since it tends to be fish or shrimp with an acid based dressing. Our local place does a ceviche salad that is amazing and skips a lot of the higher calorie adds (sour cream) with a lot of flavor and a full plate. My biggest challenge is avoiding the bowl of chips and salsa.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you got the chicken fajitas, if they could give you extra peppers and onions instead of the taco shell.
    Enjoy!