what to log zumba as?

Options
Just curious as to what others log zumba as in their exersize?

Replies

• FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    Aerobics, high impact when it's a high intensity class. Aerobics, low impact when it's more dance-y and less toning.
  • ek724q
    ek724q Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I made me a zumba excersise, it is 360 calories for 20 minutes of Zumba. Hope this helps
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I made my own exercise, and I use the estimate from www.zumbacalories.com
  • LaurenJn83
    Options
    I log it as dancing, aerobic, modern twist under the cardio category.
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I googled a zumba calorie calculator then manually enter it.
  • lucian25
    lucian25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I used my HRM to determine how many calories I burn per hour of Zumba (690) and I added an exercise for myself. Prior to using my HRM I went to www.zumbacalories.com to calculate it and it wasn't that far off from my HRM.
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I also made my own zumba exercise from what I got out of zumbacalories.com
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Personally I would use high impact aerobics unless you have an HRM. . . .
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i put 10 calories per minute
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Great question! Wish I would have seen this early! I got Zumba Wii in the mail today and I had to try it... I logged it as aerobic dance with modern twist or whatever the full title is and it gave me around 460 kcal credit but this calculator says over 600 (WAY OVER) I though 460 seemed a little low based on the other dance aerobics I do.. I was dieing but loving it at the same time! I need a HRM!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I logged it in as Zumba and estimated the calories..based on previous workouts and an HRM from one of the ladies in my classes...

Also, with Zumba it is anywhere from 500-1000 calories per hour...depending upon how intense you get with it...how intense the workout itself is...I have had an HRM monitor at 930 cals in one of my hour classes....
  • LadyZNW
    LadyZNW Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OMG! Thankd for this post I was wondering that too!
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    Thanks guys I knew there would have to be some comments on this...looking at the burn I may have to do it more often lol seems to good to be burning that much ..whoop whoop something fun to jaz up the workouts!!
  • FabCheeky
    Options
    I made my own exercise, and I use the estimate from www.zumbacalories.com

Thanks for this! :D
  • muitobem
    Options
    The only thing I'll say about Zumba Calories .com is that it calculates low...I have done as much as 930 cals in an hour at high intensity..and that's using an HRM......and at this site it calculates it as 506 cals....
  • FabCheeky
    Options
    I worry about that, honestly. I need a HRM, because I try to eat all of my exercise calories back in order to fuel my muscles. My instructors are amazing, and we work out at an extremely high intensity level. I've been to a few other Zumba classes in other places, and the class at my gym is just a whole different level. I push myself HARD, and POUR sweat.
  • muitobem
    Options
    Yep! Same here with my classes..I teach 3 days a week and I know I'm doing more than 500 cals in that hour...I like them high intensity..I feel like I'm getting a good cardio workout and so do the ladies in my classes...They don't take to the easy stuff as well so I have to keep it intense...
    My legs are strong from it...and the ladies can see and feel the difference in themselves...