60's plus 100 pounds to lose , and works out

Options
If there are some folks in there 60's with big weight to lose that already works out and you have a group please let me know... I am not losing weight and need some help...I would love to visit. Somebody like me must be out there, give me a ringy dingy. If not maybe we could start one.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I do not know if there is a group but I have lost 109 pounds and workout regularly.
  • Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If there are some folks in there 60's with big weight to lose that already works out and you have a group please let me know... I am not losing weight and need some help...I would love to visit. Somebody like me must be out there, give me a ringy dingy. If not maybe we could start one.

I turned 60 this year, and have lost over 90 lbs and work out regularly also...if you need some motivation/help/suggestions add me and we'll work on this together!!!
  • Lenoremik
    Lenoremik Posts: 3
    Options
    Counting calories on My Fitness Pal has helped me a lot. I also walk at least 45 minutes a day on my treadmill, and do workouts I find on the internet. I have lost 27 pounds and am 53 years old. My husband is 68 and he walks 2 miles a day and lost 20 pounds. You will need to find something that works for you. I found just doing workouts did not help, I needed to add the walking.
  • ocnldy
    ocnldy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    skwilson: You are amazing, what an inspiration.
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Walking is great! I do it and I am seeing good results. In addition, reduce sugar, desserts, etc. You will not believe much less you feel hungry without those things in your diet.
    good luck:)
  • msintact
    msintact Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 60's, and been fighting this battle for years. Would love to be friends and maybe we can work this problem out together. msintact
  • cardglor
    cardglor Posts: 29
    Options
    I turned 61 this year and have just got back on track following the GI Plan (eat foods that are lower on the Glycemic Index). It stabilizes my blood sugar (I have Type 2 diabetes) and has lowered my cholesterol in the past. I hate exercise but got a jump start on it with help in a fitness class that I go to for cancer survivors. I'll have to set something up when I'm finished the class though and am thinking about checking out Curves. I can't just rely on myself to get moving because its too easy to talk myself out of exercising. Going somewhere and getting encouragement keeps me moving ahead. So wish me luck! I certainly need the encouragement. The GI plan that I follow, by the way, is in Rick Gallop's book. Easy to follow and I don't get hungry if I eat all my snacks between meals. But I have to be organized and make sure I have some on hand otherwise the potato chips and popcorn start looking real good.:ohwell:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Not 60 just yet, but will be end of next year. Lost 41 pounds so far. Welcome! :happy:
  • bettey55
    bettey55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I posted a few days ago looking for some 60's who have lost weight. My main problem is not the working out I like that , but it does make it easy for me to overeat, and easy to justify. I have to adjust my intake as my metabolism is so slow I don't gain, but i don't lose. do you use your workout calories?
  • bettey55
    bettey55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I generally walk 4 or 5 miles a day , my workout is included in that.
  • cardglor
    cardglor Posts: 29
    Options
    I started following the GI Plan a few years ago and found it more helpful than any other that I tried. And believe me, I have been on diets since my early twenties. I've had enough of that. I wanted to find a way to eat so that I wouldn't be depriving myself. I also have Type 2 Diabetes so have to watch my glucose levels. Rick Gallop (a Canadian) has written several books on the GI Plan that I find easy to follow. I do have to watch my emotional eating because that is usually what gets me into trouble. Please feel free to add me to your friend's list. I turned 61 this past January and am almost finished radiation treatment for breast cancer. Its been a reminder for me that I can't afford to be carrying all weight around. I'm content with losing a pound a week although my ideal weight loss : is 40 pounds.:smile:
  • rosemary1011
    Options
    I am 65 with diabetes. I desperately need a diet buddy.