Reviews for insanity versus focus t25

Options
Is anyone out there that done both workouts and can give me a review if t25 is just as good in terms of loosing weight. That's about half the time then insanity daily.
Any help is appreciated

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is the result of a calorie deficit, not any particular exercise routine.

Generally if you're doing a similar exercise for half the time, you'll burn about half as many calories. So if your goal is to burn more calories, I would choose the longer exercise routine. But if doing it in a shorter time appeals to you and makes it more likely that you'll do it regularly, the shorter one may be the better choice if it ends up in you doing it more often.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I gained 2lbs doing insanity, but lost inches.

Not done t25 though it's said to be less intense than insanity, so maybe start there and then you can do insanity after.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I say do T25. If time is a factor, and for most of us, it is...you’ll be more apt to stick with it!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    If you're going to join a cult I recommend crossfit over beachbody.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I tried one insanity workout, but did the entire T25 alpha and beta, plus T25 core speed. I enjoyed T25 better than the insanity workout, therefore stuck with it. I didn't like the way insanity broke up the workout with warm-ups and stretching, and had a lot of jumping. Whichever one you enjoy more and will do more will benefit you the most. Maybe I should try other insanity workouts...but I haven't had the interest. T25 just jumps straight into it and goes non-stop for 25 min... except for speed 1.0 and the stretch(don't remember the name), which are kind of recovery workouts.
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I’m doing T25 currently - on the 2nd week of Alpha. Previous to it we did P90 (the one with A, B, C sections) and I prefer T25. When deciding on a new workout, I looked at Insanity & others before choosing T25. One reason was due to it being only 25 minutes.
    You will work non-stop and sweat A LOT. At least I have :) There’s a lot of jumping, lower body, and core work. I can’t do the jumping quite yet so I follow the modifier a lot.
  • KatR13
    KatR13 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I've done insanity many times, I'm a huge fan of it, but now I have a toddler and not the time, I hate it. The first month might would do, but the second would push it. I love shaun t2, so I'll give t25 a go.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Also check with your library and see if you can borrow it. Saves lots of $