Least Fattening Alcohol

Options
What is the least fattening alcohol to drink?

Replies

• katieeweiss
    katieeweiss Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Well, I know Bud Light Lime (a bottle) has 116 calories, which I think is really good? I don't drink much, so not 100% sure.
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have started drinking Miller 64 beer. I don't drink often but when I do, I chose this since it is low in calories. Have not tried the Bud 55 yet.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    champagne, a whole bottle is like 500 calories, which suits ME fine
  • nicoleleigh33
    Options
    About 5 ounces of merlot is about 130 calories (I could be off a little on the calories)
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    bwahaha I love it!

You could try drinking alcohol mixed with water and adding crystal light to it. It's low carb and not too bad. I don't know which flavors are good with certain alcohols, but I'll drink lemonade crystal light with vodka and water and it's not too bad. :)
  • kimberly130
    Options
    pretty much everything is high in sugar which makes it bad as far as alcohol goes. My Beau is a bartender and says the light beers are OK, but like drinking water. If your being social grab a beer with a coozy to keep it cold and you can hold it longer. If its with dinner go with wine is what I would suggest. If you want a harder drink try Gin, but unfortunately any fruity drink is all sugar. sorry :o(
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Some good info here:

http://fatlossschool.com/low-calorie-alcohol-drinks/

Keep in mind -- light beers are under 100 calories; white wine is lower calorie than red; liquor is b-a-a-a-a-a-d!!!!
    :grumble:
  • Jenunie
    Jenunie Posts: 6
    Options
    whhaat?! Really a bottle of champagne is only 500 calories?!
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My husband does Crossfit and they told him to drink straight tequila - apparently it has the least amount of calories/carbs than all the other liquors.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I love Miller Lite, but have been trying to substitute a little white wine with Fresca or some other lemon/lime soda. I save a lot of calories that way. And someone on here posted about a new vodka called Voli -- Vodka Lite (hence VoLi). I asked my liquor store today if they had it, and they do not - yet.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is calories. So an ounce of liquor is about 65 calories, and an MGD 64 has about the same amount of alcohol as an ounce of liquor plus 11 ounces of water (which is actually pretty much what it is - you can make any beer a light beer by replacing half of it with soda water). Regular beer and wine have some non-alcohol calories, so if you're trying to maximize your buzz, drink straight liquor or add soda water or diet soda (or smoke pot, I guess, as long as you can beat the munchies). If you want something flavorful and filling, grab a Guinness, which despite being dark is actually a light beer (125 calories/12oz) when it comes to alcohol content and calories and tastes a whole lot better that 2 MGD 64s
  • Tbeckley73
    Tbeckley73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Budweiser select 55!
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I don't drink often, but when I do, it's usually vodka. I tell myself that it will come out almost instantly anyway. That makes me feel a little better about it... Even if it's just a mental trick. :laugh: