Grr my weight keeps going up?

Options
After some advice here as I'm feeling frustrated. On 22nd December I was 77.4kg. I moved very little over Xmas and New Years and ate quite a bit. On 2nd Jan I was 79.7kg. A gain of 5-6lbs. On 2nd it was back to work where I average 17000 steps per day, I was also back to the gym and lifting weights, I've lifted 4 times this week all while eating 1300-1500 cals. I'm not sure if you can check my diary but everything is tracked and weighed accurately. This morning I weigh 80.4kg???? Whats that all about?

I really wasn't expecting that and am unsure why this would be the case. I have started a creatine cycle and creatine forced the body to hold water in muscles so unless that could be the issue. I have read on here of folk dropping 4-5lbs of post-Christmas weight in 2-3 days, My body doesn't seem to work that way. When I started on my weight loss journey 2 years ago I weighed 106kg. I tracked everything and I didn't drop as much as 1 lbs the entire month of January then in the first week of Feb I dropped like 12lb in 1 week.

I just didn't expect my weight to increase, in saying that none of my clothes feel any tighter.

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/

"The water retention usually seen with higher loading doses can exceed five pounds (more than two kilograms). Lower doses may cause less water retention. "

Could be the introduction of Creatine, but might depend on your dose.
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/

"The water retention usually seen with higher loading doses can exceed five pounds (more than two kilograms). Lower doses may cause less water retention. "

Could be the introduction of Creatine, but might depend on your dose.

Only taking 5 grams.

I am thinking I perhaps shouldn't have started creatine again until I got rid of the post Christmas water weight.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    The temporary water weight will come off even if you are taking the creatin. You just may not see it as as the temp is coming off, the creatin water retention is ramping up.

As mentioned above, you are looking at carrying ~5lbs extra in water.

Cheers, h.