How to eat on nightshift

heart_shaped_box
heart_shaped_box Posts: 1
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
HELP!

I don't know when to eat while working night shifts.
I work full time... 4 on 4 off from 4pm to 4am. How should I plan out my meals? I get very little exersize as I am sitting all night, for 12 hours in a little office.
I am also starting summer school full time from 12:30-3:30 pm Monday to Friday.
I need motivation. I always bring healthy food to work, but then end up going to eat at the food court. I also end up eating when I get home from work at 5am before I go to bed.

How do I manage this?

Age- 27
Weight- 150
Height- 5'4

Replies

• britterbrittney
    britterbrittney Posts: 256 Member
    I work 5pm to 3am Thursday through Sunday. I get up at the same time everyday and have my breakfast within an hour. For me, its between 2pm-3pm. That is my breakfast and from there I eat every 2-3 hours, so my noon is 9pm so I eat my dinner and 2am is my dinner. etc.

Good luck!
  • emtgirl14
    emtgirl14 Posts: 87 Member
    I work 3 random days a week, 7PM to 7AM. I usually get up at least an hour before I have to, so that I can get in a quick workout like the 30 day shred. I usually eat a pretty big meal before work. I have a small snack around 11pm and then I don't eat my "lunch" till 4AM. Most of the time I don't eat again when I get home, but sometimes I will. So you could do something like that, just switch your times a littler earlier than mine:) There's always time to workout, you just have to sacrifice something else:) Good luck!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    When I worked the night shift 11-7 I just flipped my clock 6pm was now 6 am

Wake up at 5:30 eat breakfast (cereal)
    Walk to class at 6 3-4 times a week (6pm-940) have a snack at break time
    Walk home eat "lunch" at about 10: 30 almost 11
    walked to work
    Around 3:30 4 am ate dinner (was never healthy dinner then)
    Walked home watched tv, did what I needed to do for the day (had a snack around 8)
    Bed at 11-12) and one semester I had an 8 am class that sucked!!!

hope this helps :smile:
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    As a nurse I worked night swift for yrs! I used to pack a lunch....salad, sandwiches etc but I also ate the food in the food court & it wasn't healthy!! Maybe that's caught up w/ me since I've turned 30.....
  • As a nurse I work 3 nights a week 7P-7A, they are never the same. I have learned to either do a little something in the morning when I get home so I don't have to try and wake up early. Meal wise when I get up I make a normal dinner for my family and eat with them, their dinner is usually my breakfast. While at work I have an assortment of healthy snacks that I can nibble on if I get hungry. I eat "dinner" around 1-3 a.m. and it's a normal dinner meal like a lean cuisine or something I might have made at home. After I eat this meal I usually don't eat after if I do it's a little snack on my way home. Good luck and don't give up!!!
This discussion has been closed.