Facial hair: yah or nah?

Options
Merkavar
Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
edited January 2018 in Chit-Chat
I am a bit on the fence on whether or not I should shave it off or continue growing towards a great big bushy beard.

So please vote for great big bushy beard or to shave it off.

If you vote shave it off, can you suggest a style I can shave before I shave it all off, I was thinking mutton chops :P

3 guesses who is a little board on his holidays :tongue:

dg1eujk40gys.jpeg
xavyvrfouv1f.jpeg

Replies

• dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'd trim it a little, maybe get rid of the sideburns. But I love a good beard so I say keep most of it.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    Trying to get to the point where I don’t need to wear a wool prosthetic beard :smiley:

q7k78eisa5e6.jpeg
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, just trim it a bit. If you make your neck a couple mm shorter than your cheeks it will do wonders.

Your beard is at the awkward stage between scruff and full on beard. You could also just wait until you get to full on beard but that takes time and it’s a lot to maintain IMO.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    A clean shaven 'scruff' is ok. I personally do not like bushy facial hair or those really long scruffy beards. Looks like chin pubes to me ... :blush:
  • NenaPunPun2241
    NenaPunPun2241 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You should totally grow it more so that it’s a little longer and work towards getting it nice and thick but don’t go overboard with the length
    Most guys can’t really pull of the longer type of beards and the ones that can usually can pull it off cause they ain’t cute
    Just my opinion but you would not look good with a really long beard
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen my chin in a quarter of a century.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Growwww
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    If you want a different look, shave the neck, and have the beard stop at the underside of the jaw bone. Hair on the neck makes it look terrible.

Then again, I'm not one for facial hair myself. I could grow a beard pretty easily. But, I don't like facial hair more than a day or two of growth. So, thankfully, job safety requirements mandate I am clean shaven.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    If you want a different look, shave the neck, and have the beard stop at the underside of the jaw bone. Hair on the neck makes it look terrible.

Then again, I'm not one for facial hair myself. I could grow a beard pretty easily. But, I don't like facial hair more than a day or two of growth. So, thankfully, job safety requirements mandate I am clean shaven.

This exactly! Thanks for writing that all out for me @xFunctionalStrengthx

Except I am a woman, so don't grow any facial hair myself, easily or otherwise.
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Another vote for this option! Neck hair is almost never a good look in my book.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    too late people

all clean shaven now

now people are saying i look like a 12 year old. AWESOME
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    too late people

all clean shaven now

Who are these people you speak of? I need to determine the validity of their judgements for myself. Pictures please
  • Merkavar
    Options
    too late people

all clean shaven now

Who are these people you speak of? I need to determine the validity of their judgements for myself. Pictures please

ymin3b2alus3.jpeg

‘Twas my brother and sister making those comments.
  • Versicolour
    Options
    too late people

all clean shaven now

ymin3b2alus3.jpeg

‘Twas my brother and sister making those comments.

Siblings are renowned for their unobjectivity. If you want objective objectification you will need the opinions of hundreds of anonymous persons on an online forum.... Hey! Look where we are! Pictures please!
  • Merkavar
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Got any requests? Geez my eyes are red.

• Merkavar
    Options
    muqnirv94yic.jpeg
    fig79gp5flef.jpeg
    i86leuj8157a.jpeg
    w4pozhbdb7zx.jpeg
    d13exq4xx889.jpeg
    ceyvxi4b4pul.jpeg
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Hmm. Maybe one more :tongue: Side angle - you haven't done that yet
  • Merkavar
    Options
    Blinded myself with the flash

hkni514xsnrh.jpeg
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Okay, I'll give you a break!

Personally, I prefer it. I don't think it makes you look 12 at all.