Walking with 40lb vest?

Options
portogravis
portogravis Posts: 11 Member
Hi everyone, I just joined and got myself a garmin wrist thingy to track my steps and activity. I like to walk with a 40lb weighted vest, but am not sure how to enter that. I saw one option for walking carrying an infant of 15lbs and another one for hiking uphill but that's as close as I could find. Any tips welcome, thanks!

Replies

• DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Can you increase the number of infants carried to 2.66? LOL!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Like Piccolo?
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Why do you walk with a weight vest? What exactly is the advantage? I worked hard to lose my first 40 pounds and my joints thanked me for it. The constant bouts of plantar fasciitis cleared up too. It seems to me carrying extra weight while doing cardio is just setting yourself up for injury and not worth any extra calories burned, leg workout, or whatever you are trying to accomplish.
  • portogravis
    portogravis Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I had my notification settings messed up and didn't see the responses... anyway, I did it for time efficiency. Since walking with it, I then started doing some short runs, and eventually worked up to running 10k with it - took me about an hour. After that, my left knee was a little sore, and I was concerned about the beating my knees were taking so I stopped the weighted runs and scaled back to just body weight 10k runs - I made lifestyle changes and made time to do these, so I no longer feel the need to use the vest.