Hello From Texas

Options
Hi everyone. I'm new to MFP, but I already love it! I fell hard off the weight loss wagon, but I'm determined to stay with it this time.
So, nice to meet you!
By the way, since cutting calories in half, I've been feeling extremely exhausted. Is this normal, and if so, how long will it last? :#

Replies

• notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Need a bit more info to see if you've cut too many calories. What are your stats, and what has MFP set your goal at? You should be netting that goal.
  • kimikazee76
    kimikazee76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I chose to lose 2 pounds per week and MFP set my calories at 1330. Does that help?
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    So did you halve that amount? How much weight are you trying to lose? 20lbs? 75lbs?

This will determine a safe lb per week goal. 2lb per week may be too aggressive if you only have 20lbs to lose.
  • Debra_LMB
    Debra_LMB Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am also from Texas! Glad you found this site - I just started, too, the day after Christmas. I am sorry about your exhaustion, but there are so many factors for something like that. I am tired because I am sedentary and I am sedentary because I can't exercise just yet due to physical issues. BTW, exercise does give you energy, I know that sounds crazy, but if you can manage to get in even some walking it would help. And you don't have to do it all at once, even 15 minute intervals will make you feel better. In the meantime, does your doctor know about your diet plans?...because you probably ought to speak with her/him first, especially about the exhaustion.
  • kimikazee76
    kimikazee76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're exactly right. I've been making myself move a lot more and using my Fitbit. I feel so much better this week. Thank you all for the advice!
  • polluxj
    polluxj Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Texas here