Anxiety

Options
2»

Replies

• August2444
    August2444 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did one thing which stopped my anxiety issues. It was so simple I wish I had of done it a decade earlier. I stopped drinking COFFEE!!
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Meds and making a conscious effort to stay connected socially are the most important things for my mental health. I have found that, no matter what I do/don't eat/drink and/or do/don't do for exercise, my psych conditions require meds. That said, if I take those meds as directed, I am much more likely to put conscious effort into meal planning and staying relatively active.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    helene4 wrote: »
    People may not believe me but Candida overgrowth or parasites can cause depression/anxiety/other mental health disorders
    (Along with other issues like IBS)
    Candida and/or Parasites are pretty common but modern medicine hasn't really treated them or hospitals just shove medication at you

There are a lot of books and research out there about candida and parasites and different cleanses and diets that rid ur body of them

Check out a diet that gets rid of candida or eliminate sugar from your diet to start

There's a "die-off" period as the fungus/parasite/bad bacteria die and leave your system, but it's worth it!!! Def a way, over the course of a few months, rid yourself of anxiety
    and any extra lbs

I don't believe you.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    For me?
    Caffeine is usually good for me in moderation.
    Starting the day with a stretch is good.
    Avoid hangry...protein is good.
    Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy.
    Some days anxiety may make it difficult to make homemade meals. I have some simple healthy dinners on hand to work around this on these days.
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I find prioritising sleep helps, the days after a bad night are much worse. CBT has helped somewhat too. A walk (for me with a podcast) also distracts. Days I don't move enough I find myself really antsy. So get moving.

Candida overgrowth is bull so listen to the others.

Self care is not selfish, it's taking me a long time to learn that.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I needed CBT at one point as well. I am still on medicine prescribed by my doctor. I do feel better mentally and physically after some form of exercise as well as stress relief such as music, prayer,etc. But there is nothing wrong with therapy or medicine IF you need it.
  • ckdprevent
    ckdprevent Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I find keeping myself busy helps. Exercise is very helpful, I am also on daily medication. And keeping what I think positive. We are so much what we tell our selves.
  • _lora
    _lora Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Excess caffeine, sugar, carbs can all increase my anxiety. Small amounts of each are good for me, but too much and my anxiety symptoms increase quickly. Meditation and journaling help me
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Meds and making a conscious effort to stay connected socially are the most important things for my mental health. I have found that, no matter what I do/don't eat/drink and/or do/don't do for exercise, my psych conditions require meds. That said, if I take those meds as directed, I am much more likely to put conscious effort into meal planning and staying relatively active.

+1
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I hate it, I sweat cause of this.