Hitting rock bottom

Options
I've just sat and binged on cake and chocolate and now I'm crying :-(.

I'm newly diagnosed with asthma and can't physically exercise. I have a weird lump and wound on my breast and have to go to a diagnosis clinic on Monday which is terrifying me. And now I've just seen a photo of my ex and his new gf looking radiantly happy with her showing off her engagement ring. I don't think I've ever felt this low

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, you don't need to feel guilty on top of everything else going on in your life! One day of cake and chocolate is not going to make a huge difference in the long term, just like one day of dieting would not make a huge difference.

It's natural to be frightened with a breast issue like this. It may be nothing - I had something similar once which was just an infected cyst and turned out to be no big deal. But whatever it is, you will find out soon and then know what you have to deal with, and it will be easier than imagining all possibilities. I'm so sorry you're in such a rough place right now! Do whatever you need to to distract yourself and make yourself feel better - take a hot bath, paint your fingernails, listen to music - and I hope you have good news soon.
  • PoppyFlower1
    PoppyFlower1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, you don't need to feel guilty on top of everything else going on in your life! One day of cake and chocolate is not going to make a huge difference in the long term, just like one day of dieting would not make a huge difference.

It's natural to be frightened with a breast issue like this. It may be nothing - I had something similar once which was just an infected cyst and turned out to be no big deal. But whatever it is, you will find out soon and then know what you have to deal with, and it will be easier than imagining all possibilities. I'm so sorry you're in such a rough place right now! Do whatever you need to to distract yourself and make yourself feel better - take a hot bath, paint your fingernails, listen to music - and I hope you have good news soon.

Thankyou, that's really kind x
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Log the chocolate and cake and don't do it two days in a row. Stop looking at photos of your ex that's never a good idea. I had a very weird lump on my breast which turned out to be a cyst and it went away in a couple of months. Very common in young women.

You got this. Don't let others determine how you feel, you can choose to feel high instead of low.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    first time iv ever actually enjoyed the hug button. Iv never hit it until now. Your not alone, You have us. We will get through this :) Dont let one night of bad eating make you spiral. You deserve happiness, You deserve to be healthy. Focus on what you CAN do in the future moving on,Dont look back and cry. Try not to worry about things you cant do anything about right now. Move forward. Baby steps. Listen to all the knowledgable people here. Weve all been there done that and/or are still there doing that. lol.
  • PoppyFlower1
    edited January 2018
    Options
    whosshe wrote: »
    Log the chocolate and cake and don't do it two days in a row. Stop looking at photos of your ex that's never a good idea. I had a very weird lump on my breast which turned out to be a cyst and it went away in a couple of months. Very common in young women.

You got this. Don't let others determine how you feel, you can choose to feel high instead of low.

Thankyou. I think the not knowing is the worst. And then being afraid I've caused it as there's a link to obesity. Such a bad start to 2018. But you're right I need to change my mindset x
  • PoppyFlower1
    Options
    I can’t speak to the issues with your breasts, but I know all about breathing issues. I had a tracheostomy 5.5 years ago because of tracheal stenosis. When I decided to try to get “in shape”, I started real slow. 2.5 years ago I did my first walk on my treadmill. 1mph for 15 minutes. 3 months later I could walk for 40 minutes at 2mph. That’s not gonna set any records, but it showed me I could make progress.
    Enjoy the cake and chocolate today. Tomorrow is a new day

Thankyou. I'm sorry you went through that but I'm glad you're making progress. It's inspiring, thanks :)
  • Ohiogirlatheart
    Ohiogirlatheart Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hope your day is going better. Take care of yourself. It's so hard when things feel like they're spinning out of control. Take a walk, write in a journal (that helps a lot), take a hot bath. I will be thinking about you on Monday, and good luck.
  • PoppyFlower1
    Options
    I hope your day is going better. Take care of yourself. It's so hard when things feel like they're spinning out of control. Take a walk, write in a journal (that helps a lot), take a hot bath. I will be thinking about you on Monday, and good luck.

Thank you xx
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are going through this. It must be very tough.

Please consider going no contact with your ex. Delete and block him from your social media and phone. You have enough on your plate now and don't need the distraction of what is going on with him.

It's time for you to become priority number 1.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Just remember: "this too will pass..." and it will.

If you've hit your rock bottom...there's no other place but up! :)
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Sending positive thoughts and prayer your way.
  • Acem24
    Acem24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey there, heard some people say some really good things about healthy ways to think about your situation. Please listen. I'll list some things that would and have helped me out.
    1. Don't worry until you find out for sure.
    2. Read and learn about how to control your exercises. I bet there is a form of yoga you could get in to
    3. Don't waste time dwelling on the past.
    4. Don't waste time on social media if you know it's going to hurt
    5. Spend time with friends and family
    6. Focus on being your self
    7. Focus on bettering your self
    8. Don't give up on all your goals and say *kitten* the world. It never helps. it just let's you justify poor choices you make in the near future.
    9. There are people cheering you on! who love you and want to see you succeed. Make them proud
    10. There are people who want to see you fail. Show them by your actions how to be successful.
    11. Be open to trying new hobbies.
    12. Have a good rest of the day. Smile cause the world is both beautiful and cruel.