Vegan lunch ideas when cutting out processed foods?

Hi there! I’ve been vegan for two years and eat pretty healthy, for the most part. I do eat some processed “meats”, although not on a daily basis and am just getting tired of my typical salad every day for lunch. I was wondering if anyone had any great lunch ideas that are easy to make and take to work that also avoid the processed fake meats.

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Some kind of bean stew?
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    My friend is vegan. She loves quinoa and will eat it with pretty much anything. Some lunch things she does-

spinach, black beans, quinoa, bell peppers, cucumber, topped with olive oil and hummus
    hummus on a tortilla, stuffed with whole chickpeas, curry seasoning, spinach and avocado
    sweet potato fries, peas, brown rice and curry sauce
    brown rice, edamame, avocado, carrot and cucumber, peanuts, sesame dressing
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Succotash :D
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Veggie soup, any rice and bean dish, fruit, taters and veggie, the possibilities are endless. I have no recipes as i don't use them. I just take what i have in stock and make it delicious.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Buddha bowl, start with a grain such as brown rice, quinoa, or barley, add veggies, add a legume or other protein source, add healthy fat such as nuts, avocado, oil, or dressing.

If you prep a big container of quinoa, and sliced or stir fried vegetables, at the beginning of the week, you can quickly put together a variety of bowls. Mexican bowl: add black beans, avocado, salsa, lime. Japanese bowl: add soy sauce, edamame, cucumber. Greek bowl: Olives, tzatziki sauce, hummus, roasted peppers. And so on.
  • tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    How about a baked potato? You could top it with salsa, or broccoli. Yum!
  • amesplay
    amesplay Posts: 3 Member
    Lentil curry soup
  • raspuller
    raspuller Posts: 35 Member
    I like chickpea salad quite a bit (mashed chickpeas, vegan mayo, celery, garlic salt). I also will bake up some squash or sweet potatoes during the weekends and then eat that during the week.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    I make lots of soups and stews this time of year and take them with me. The Amy's Organics line of canned soup has lots of vegan options, as well, are fairly low cal per serving, and super easy if you don't feel much like cooking a big pot of soup yourself.