What is best fitness tracker for running?

Options
2»

Replies

• CaraLanglois
    CaraLanglois Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I used the zen labs C25K app and the MapMyRun app at the same time. I would get audio cues to run and walk AND audio cues for time, distance and pace. All while listening to a really great playlist:)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    And I don't think you can program a watch to trigger at the C25K walk run times.

With Garmin you set it up in Connect and download it to your device.

^ He's right. Garmin Connect allows you to design custom workouts, which can then be sent to your wearable device. But you would have to design a workout for each phase of C25K.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    And I don't think you can program a watch to trigger at the C25K walk run times.

^ He's right. Garmin Connect allows you to design custom workouts, which can then be sent to your wearable device. But you would have to design a workout for each phase of C25K.

Needed to know that a year ago LOL.

:)
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    I used the zen labs C25K app and the MapMyRun app at the same time. I would get audio cues to run and walk AND audio cues for time, distance and pace. All while listening to a really great playlist:)

Me too. Zen labs app and wahoo fitness app with HRM at the same time. Very helpful to track hr during the runs.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options

Or, even the cheapest good devices (Forerunner 25, TomTom Spark/Runner) have built in run/walk intervals. You've got to go up to the FR23x to get custom workouts
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yep I use Spotify at the same time as the Zenlab c25k app.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin Fenix 5S, but it is pricey--I wouldn't invest unless you decide you are serious.

I see loads of people who run with their smartphones--for their music or whatever--there are plenty of free apps that you could add to track for your C25K training, and some of them have built in audio cues. Heck, even an inexpensive digital watch will work if you're only interested in time and not your total distance at this point.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    scorpio516 wrote: »

Or, even the cheapest good devices (Forerunner 25, TomTom Spark/Runner) have built in run/walk intervals. You've got to go up to the FR23x to get custom workouts

I've had my FR25 about a year now and it does everything I need. I dithered between the FR25 and the FR35, but decided I'd rather spend the $60 difference on a new running top. The FR35 has a HR monitor which I wasn't really bothered about, and a touch screen for accessing playlists, texts, emails etc. I don't run with a phone, so that was pretty useless to me.