What is your favorite exercise at the gym?

Options
Looking for new exercises to try out

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I lift. My favorites are deadlifts and cleans.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts, climbing the rope, smacking a tire with a sledgehammer ... good for aggression workouts! Lol
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    T-bar rows and Rack Pulls above the knees.
  • LyssaRonnell
    LyssaRonnell Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a long walk after I'm finished with what my cardio or strenght training.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don’t know I think deadlifts are my favorite. I don’t like squats but I do them anyway. Ugh.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Squats! Followed by lat pulldowns.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I mostly only go to the gym to lift. Squats, bench press, ohp, deadlifts, hip thrusts, etc. My other workouts are at home to videos or going to the park to run or walk.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I don't really have a favorite. I go in.. I do them... I think my favorite is walking out the door after a satisfying workout. That's when I feel the best. I feel accomplished, proud of myself.

I start with 20 minutes of cardio either on the elliptical or the treadmill. I try to push myself by upping my speed throughout my workout. Then I take my turn on the Circuit of the weight machines. I can tell you which one I hate the most... I hate the shoulder press. I hate hate hate it and I call that machine a dirty word every time I sit down at it. LOL. Then I also do calf raises, up against the wall... And I do the crunches, and I do the standing bosu ball rack. I just call it the butt ball. I leaned up against it and lift my knees up in sets of 10 repetitions.

I feel very good about myself and my workout when I leave... That's why leaving the gym is my favorite part.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Squats
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts, weighted dips and pull-ups. Non weighted is good too.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    StairMaster. I do everything else at home.
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Squats or box jumps!
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Calf raises
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hands down - boxing!! It's a grueling yet satisfying workout, I can get my aggressions out on the bag, sparring improves my stamina, balance, timing, agility, strength and believe it or not - I think it helps with my brain power - and it's FUN!!!
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Pull-ups because I am finally starting to get good at them. Handstand push ups because being in a handstand is fun. Lifting in all its forms really but especially back squat. I love running for the freedom and netball because i get to hang with my girls
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    shoulder stuff - upright row with external rotation, bent over rear delt raises, face pulls.

also back - lat pull downs.
  • arson714
    arson714 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts. Deadlifts. Deadlifts.
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Pull-ups and dead lifts, simply because of the results they produce.

If anyone says that you shouldn't do deadlifts, then barring any medical complications, they are just plain wrong. And if you're not doing deadlifts, then you seriously should.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I only lift at the gym...cleans and snatches are my favorite lifts