Zero Motivation to Workout

Options
Hi

I haven’t worked out properly since before I went on holiday last year! I had been unwell for the best part of last year being on steroids and gaining weight! I am getting the weight off but I have had zero motivation to work out since!

Has anyone have any tips to try and push yourself a bit?

Thanks
Trudy

Replies

• liamstrudwick
    liamstrudwick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Get some tunes on pump yourself up a bit, just make the gym, when your there you'll find the motivation from everyone else around you
  • tflanagan1987
    tflanagan1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Some people treat exercise like brushing their teeth...they may not want to do it, but it has to be done.

I actually like that, not a bad way to look at it x
  • tflanagan1987
    edited January 2018
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    When I don't feel like working out I pick a physical activity I enjoy and call it a workout. Working out doesn't have to be done in a gym. Being active is all it takes to make it a workout.

I also have my "if-then". If I go for a run, then I can watch an episode of something on Netflix. If I don't go for a run, then I don't get to watch Netflix.

That’s a good idea, when I work out then I can go shopping and buy new shoes haha
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You can trick yourself a little: just commit to 10 minutes and tell yourself you can stop after that if you really want to. You probably won't want to quit, the hardest part of working out is starting. But if you do quit, youve already worked out 10 minutes.
  • tflanagan1987
    Options
    bknewtype wrote: »
    My motivation was after watching bay watch i realize how much i wanted to look good LOL. No joke.

Haha I can understand that! The commitment they put in is unreal!!
  • tflanagan1987
    Options
    Barfly57 wrote: »
    You can trick yourself a little: just commit to 10 minutes and tell yourself you can stop after that if you really want to. You probably won't want to quit, the hardest part of working out is starting. But if you do quit, youve already worked out 10 minutes.

I like this, 10 mins is better than no minutes
  • DRBuchholz
    DRBuchholz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    As someone else said, start small. For the first few weeks after I started exercising again, I did anything from 6 to 18 minutes because I was too out of shape to do more. Now I can make it the whole 30+ without problems. Even if all you can fathom doing is bicep curls, do that. Or jumping jacks. Anything is better than nothing, and soon you'll want more.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You can do cardio while watching Netflix or listen to a book on tape when walking. Partner the exercise with something fun.
  • import_soul
    import_soul Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    1. Get a pair of dumbbells for your house.
    2. Put them somewhere in sight where you can't stub your toes on them.
    3. Use.
    4. Repeat.
    5. Bask in the glory of your gains.