Drop 25 pounds in 16 weeks? Looking for comrades!

Options
Trying to whittle off 25-30 pounds by the last week of April.

I’m alternating strength training days with cardio days and squishing a yoga session in there.

My starting weight is 155 (161 last week- likely water/bloat/cookie dough) and I’m 5’5”.

Carefully watching my macros (40% carbs, 30% protein, 25% fat) and have set my calorie consumption to 1490 a day.

I’d like to find a couple pals here with similar goals to check in with- share macros and log exercise daily, and weigh in/post measurements weekly!

In the past I’ve found that having a group helps me!

Replies

• klr1981
    klr1981 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OH! Also keeping up with water- 1 gallon a day. Easier than it sounds- and I typically hate drinking water!
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am also planning to drop by April
    5'10 , 218
    Right now sitting at 210, hope to be 185 lowest

Macro are roughly same as yours, still trying to find my best option we're I feel full and losing, probably take a few weeks
  • klr1981
    Options
    Wingsont84 wrote: »
    5'10 , 218

Macro are roughly same as yours, still trying to find my best option we're I feel full and losing, probably take a few weeks

I’ve noticed that the more fiber I get, in addition to the water I drink, I feel way fuller. I had a snack of avocado toast, mini bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and a stalk of celery and I was ridiculously full. I’ve noted that to be my “go-to” if I’m famished.

• Wingsont84
    Options
    klr1981 wrote: »
    Wingsont84 wrote: »
    5'10 , 218

I’ve noticed that the more fiber I get, in addition to the water I drink, I feel way fuller. I had a snack of avocado toast, mini bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and a stalk of celery and I was ridiculously full. I’ve noted that to be my “go-to” if I’m famished.

I go to eggs with feta, fried onions and mushrooms, I find the fat is high , but fills me up.

Today , I had my homemade chicken chili. Found this was low low fat and a higher carb.
  • klr1981
    Options
    Chicken chili sounds so good. Feta & eggs so great too. Mushrooms on EVERYTHING!
  • Wingsont84
    Options
    Chicken chili sounds so good. Feta & eggs so great too. Mushrooms on EVERYTHING!

Chilli was pretty good, I was surprised. I didn't load up the beans it was more , chicken, green peppers, mushrooms, and red beans, and chilli powder with veggie broth and garlic, and few other thing, but that's the basic
  • cassidyjd626
    cassidyjd626 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You and I are really similar! I’m sitting at 150 lbs, I lift + cardio and eat 40% protein, 40% fat, 20% carbs. I’ve been sitting around 1,200- 1,300 calories a day, and wondering if I should eat more. What made you choose to eat 1,490 a day?
  • iam_brandilei
    iam_brandilei Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    WOW! We definitely have similar goals. Currently we weigh about the same. I’m just a couple of inches shorter than you. LOL - I’m bloated right now as well, so I’ll have to wait to weigh in again and see. I was about 15 lbs lighter last summer ( gained that in the last 6 mos), so now I want to lose about 30 lbs!! Before that, starting around March 2016 through the end of that year going into 2017, I lost a little over 50 lbs. My current calorie goal is 1400. I would like to stay in the 1400 - 1500 range and keep up w/ gym workouts.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm on board
  • Wingsont84
    Options
    You and I are really similar! I’m sitting at 150 lbs, I lift + cardio and eat 40% protein, 40% fat, 20% carbs. I’ve been sitting around 1,200- 1,300 calories a day, and wondering if I should eat more. What made you choose to eat 1,490 a day?

Well if you eat good carbs and get enough protein, you are actually saving your muscles from being a target. So you will lose and see the changes
  • klr1981
    Options

I just based it on experience and how I’ve felt in the past. I don’t think I could swing 1200 with my workout routine. I know 1490 is a weird number- it probably should just be 1500 :lol:

• klr1981
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    I’m the same height and am currently 175 after already losing 95 (by the way, that took 2 years) I also do weight training & cardio & yoga. I have 26 more lbs to lose to my ultimate goal and I plan on It taking until Sept. 1490 won’t get you the 2 lbs a week you are aiming for. 1 lb a week is much more realistic. Otherwise, you will burn out long before April.

That is fantastic! I wish you the best on the rest of your journey- very inspiring
  • klr1981
    Options
    WOW! We definitely have similar goals. Currently we weigh about the same. I’m just a couple of inches shorter than you. LOL - I’m bloated right now as well, so I’ll have to wait to weigh in again and see. I was about 15 lbs lighter last summer ( gained that in the last 6 mos), so now I want to lose about 30 lbs!! Before that, starting around March 2016 through the end of that year going into 2017, I lost a little over 50 lbs. My current calorie goal is 1400. I would like to stay in the 1400 - 1500 range and keep up w/ gym workouts.

50! Wow! That’s really amazing. What was your calorie goal then?

• LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Trying to whittle off 25-30 pounds by the last week of April.

I’m alternating strength training days with cardio days and squishing a yoga session in there.

My starting weight is 155 (161 last week- likely water/bloat/cookie dough) and I’m 5’5”.

Carefully watching my macros (40% carbs, 30% protein, 25% fat) and have set my calorie consumption to 1490 a day.

I’d like to find a couple pals here with similar goals to check in with- share macros and log exercise daily, and weigh in/post measurements weekly!

In the past I’ve found that having a group helps me!

I know this is silly but since i was comparing it to my macros, I thought I'd mention it. Your macros only add up to 95%.
  • iam_brandilei
    iam_brandilei Posts: 18 Member
    Options

50! Wow! That’s really amazing. What was your calorie goal then?

To be honest I didn’t have a set calorie back then, but my caloric intake dropped dramatically along with working out. I was eating about 800 ( not good) - 1200 on some days. I worked on increasing it as I worked out more. My body naturally wanted more fuel ( food).
  • klr1981
    edited January 2018
    Options

Lol! 40/30/30. Good eye.
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    I know this is silly but since i was comparing it to my macros, I thought I'd mention it. Your macros only add up to 95%.

• klr1981
    Options
    Hey “wooers” and haters! I’ve lost 10 lbs since my initial post here and am feeling fantastic and going strong! I’ve lost six inches total all around my body. Just thought I’d let you know! Thanks for the extra motivation :smiley: