Desperate: scale not moving for 14 days

Options
I am on a 1200 calorie limit and exercising 6 days per week. I usually creep on an average up to 1300 or 1350 though, but I compensate with exercise. No processed sugar, close to no dairy, no white rice etc. Cook in olive oil and coconut oil. I am dieting with my partner who lost almost 5 lbs during the same time time period.
I need some success stories! This is very depressing.

Replies

• SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose?

Are you logging your food accurately (including oils etc.)?
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Are you changing your diet up? Getting good carbs and protein?
    cutting calories down?
    You lifting when at the gym?

• Sojo15
    Sojo15 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am 153 lbs and 5.4. I am trying to lose 30 lbs. Very uncomfortable in my body. I am very interested in food and have a digital scale. So I do think I am doing things correctly. But that could be the mistake of course. Now I am starting to dream about eating a bag of cheese puffs.
  • Sojo15
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much for the replies. I just started an exercise routine and I do eat back exercised calories. I am now super diligent with counting calories. I seem to always be over sugar, not by a much but anyway. I have been fighting fatigue, headaches, metallic taste in mouth. Is it the sugar leaving my system? This is hard. 155 lbs is the highest weight I ever had. It is shocking to see how many calories basic food items are. It is hard for me to skip dairy and gluten. I only allow myself 0.25 cup low fat cottage cheese per day, since I think I need it. OK I am going to stick to this.
  • Sojo15
    Options
    Also, I have the craziest mood swings. Like I want to kill something.
  • marsia1234
    marsia1234 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Metallic taste in your mouth is ketosis! You should be burning fat in ketosis... But it can make you constipated!
    Maybe visit your doctor, could be an underlying issue if you’re not losing the weight?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you just started exercising you're likely retaining water. Give yourself a couple more weeks and if you don't start dropping again, then you'll want to take a look at your logging.
  • Sojo15
    Options
    I am absolutely constipated.I make a shake that always resolves this, but it does not work. I used to go 1-2 times per day. My partner whom I am feeding it to is running to the bathroom constantly. It is like my body refuses to let go. I am getting more and more vigilant in counting the calories, it is not much to play with, 1200 cal. I probably did not do it right first. Good advice to not eat back 100% of exercised calories. I hope I am in ketosis. Doing this for health mostly, all my fat is stored in the center and I am scared of heart diseases etc. I have small kids, need to stay strong. I quit processed sugar, gluten and dairy since I felt great going vegan for a month two years ago. I am also checking in with my doctor for thyroid issues. I almost died from stress last year. My whole body broke down. Scary.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    She doesn't. This site is great too. I just wanted to list what has helped me. I can't help it. I'm excited about how it worked and just want to share. I love this site for keeping track for my weight loss goals. However, I don't keep track of my food or calories anymore. It's too consuming for me.

I'm curious are you an affiliate for them?