Anyone else trying to be in shape before they hit 50....? Anyone...? Bueller...? Bueller...?

Options
Yup, third time is the charm ( hopefully ). I am trying to hit my 50s without being obese, and hopefully not overweight. Personally, I dislike the fact that there are various stages of overweight. Yes, I'm overweight, no, I don't like falling into the "you're so overweight, we'll just call you obese" category. So, here I am. Anyone else in this boat with me?

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Yup. I've dropped about 20 pounds and have 35 to go. I'm running, shoeshoeing, lifting, and doing yoga. Figure I could spend the last half of my life being athletic and in great shape.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I had a goal to have a bikini & social media body for my 50th birthday. I almost made it. I did wear the bikini on my birthday but I disallowed photos.
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    YUP! Although I still have a few years to go. I have 22 unwanted pounds I want to shed this year.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    This site overrunneth with old beasts. Browse and search among the Success Stories. The common thread among them all is log food and lift heavy.
  • JoanneP71
    JoanneP71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Closer to the fifties and have about 25lbs to drop, now if I could only stop yoyoing!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by "shape". I'm a much less rounded shape, but nothing close to being in "shape" (fit, athletic, low BF, etc.).
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    "50" is in my rear view mirror, but my goal is to lose at least 50 while in my 50's.
  • lauriemariepea
    lauriemariepea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes! I turn 50 in six months, and have ~35 lbs to lose. I have the same frustration with the overweight/obese categorizing - not sure what the point is, outside of telling us what we already know. :/
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I'm just working at it before I turn 62.
    Going on river cruise in october in france and don't want to deal with looks of disgust that the french have in regards to fat americans. :|
  • ericpeeg
    ericpeeg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    With you. 50 in December. Plenty of weight to drop.
  • loriclark5
    loriclark5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 45. I fear it will take me 5 years to do it, but I am determined to get to my goal weight before then.
  • bzumwalt1
    bzumwalt1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    YEEESSS!!! I turn 50 next Jan and my goal this year is to lose 100 lbs.
  • Merminx
    Merminx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep! 3 stone (42lbs) to lose! 50 mid March
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Your post inspired me to get to my goal by the time I’m 52 in August. I lost 50 lbs last year and now I would like to lose about 15 more to be at the top of the normal BMI range. I’m just “overweight” now.