Desperate: scale not moving for 14 days

Options
2»

Replies

• GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Apart from the protein and fats question that I also am curious about, are you getting enough water? There's a lot of water stored in food and since you started eating less you might not be getting as much as your body wants. I personally noticed changes for the better in my mood and bathroom habits when I started drinking more. Just saying this as it tends to be overlooked sometimes.

As for the lack of weight loss, it happens. Just last month I only lost 1 lbs. It literally didn't move for the first 3 weeks while I was eating and working out exactly as I should have been. This week I suddenly dropped 3 lbs and it has been constant for the last 4 days. It's likely going to happen more often! Weight loss is just a matter of sticking to correct logging with CICO in mind and exercising (to not lose as much muscle in the process).

Also, why don't you eat gluten anymore? Food with gluten tastes so good! It's not evil like many weight loss websites try to make you believe.

EDIT: (To make the water thing more than anecdotal here is a source that tells about the relation of water to constipation: https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/water-a-fluid-way-to-manage-constipation ) Of course that won't be a problem if you already do drink enough.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    OP, one thing you have to do is stop comparing yourself to your partner. Your bodies are different, what works for your partner isn't necessarily going to work for you (and sounds like it isn't). I'm curious what you set your weight loss goal to, to bring you down to 1200cal.
  • Sojo15
    Sojo15 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am struggling with drinking enough water, I just do not enjoy it. Sorry for the confusion, I am not Vegan now! I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables. OK, let me tell you the diet if it interests you?
    Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal with unsweetened almond milk, coffe with the almond milk. I add toasted nuts and seeds and some unsweetened shredded coconut and cinnamon and other spices to my oatmeal. I also make a smoothie with water, half a banana, 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, 1 kiwi, 1 small orange and fresh ginger.

Lunch and dinner we eat 80-100 g of marinated chicken breast I cook in the broiler, or grilled salmon of high quality. We use olive oil sparingly. I use a lot of spices. We eat black rice or chickpea pasta with it, or grilled cauliflower.

I snack on rice cakes with a little cottage cheese and tomato slices,grapes, sometimes apple with a little peanut butter or an almond or two.

For indulgence, I made a delicious date and nut roll with no processed sugar, just the dates. I like to spice everything with lemon, cardamom and cinnamon. I roast vegetables such as red pepper and mix them for sauces. I love nuts and almonds, so I am watching that.

I do take your advice seriously!
  • Sojo15
    Options
    I aim for 122 lbs. I am 5.4. I might need to reconsider if I manage to build muscle, I know. I am following the Fitness Blender 4 week Bodyweight exercise routine, and do the occasional snow shoveling. I walk my son to school and pick him up. I know, it is hard not to compare. She is of athletic build, so she usually gets in shape unusually fast for a female.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    What is your weekly weight loss goal? 1lb, 0.5lb?
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The scale is not the only gauge that change is happening. Do you take measurements? Bust, waist, hips... any changes there?
    Sounds like you're doing low-carb. At 5'4" and moderately active (3-5 times a week moderate cardio and muscle training) you should be consuming at least 1350 calories. I'm 5'2" swim 2-3x a week and do crossfit 3x and consume more than 1200! And I've still got about 7-8lbs to try and drop at the same time. Do not underestimate how much you need to fuel your body.
    Have you checked out any of the low-carb or keto groups for support and advice?
  • Sojo15
    Options
    I am not noticing much on my measurements, maybe a few cm on the waist. I really accumulated fat in my mid-section. Worried my logging is off, but I am really putting effort into it.
  • Sojo15
    Options
    What is your weekly weight loss goal? 1lb, 0.5lb?

My goal is 1 lb per week
  • Sojo15
    Options
    Oh it does seem I lost 2 1/2 inches of my waistline. If I measured right. Always something!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Sojo15 wrote: »
    I am absolutely constipated.I make a shake that always resolves this, but it does not work. I used to go 1-2 times per day. My partner whom I am feeding it to is running to the bathroom constantly. It is like my body refuses to let go. I am getting more and more vigilant in counting the calories, it is not much to play with, 1200 cal. I probably did not do it right first. Good advice to not eat back 100% of exercised calories. I hope I am in ketosis. Doing this for health mostly, all my fat is stored in the center and I am scared of heart diseases etc. I have small kids, need to stay strong. I quit processed sugar, gluten and dairy since I felt great going vegan for a month two years ago. I am also checking in with my doctor for thyroid issues. I almost died from stress last year. My whole body broke down. Scary.
    Depending on how backed up you are, the constipation itself could be a reason for weight retention. At least until you get rid if it all. I know I've lost up to almost 5 lbs when a bad constipation bout finally resolved itself.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I just want to share a bit of my weight loss story with you as encouragement:-) When I lost the baby weight, I would go 4 weeks sometimes without losing anything then I would drop two to five pounds. I have lost all of the weight from my pregnancy plus an extra 10 (25lb total). It took some time. I started my weight loss journey in January of 2016 and was down 17lb by June. I ran a small deficit and lost intentionally slow. Keep going with the logging and the exercise! Don't feel like you need to restrict grains and dairy. You can if you want to, but if it is just making your life harder don't do it. Hang in there! Slow and steady wins this race!
  • Sojo15
    Options
    HI everyone! Unless there is a scale error I lost 1.2 lbs today. Encouraging.
  • skinnyjingbb
    skinnyjingbb Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    One thing for constipation I noticed other than drink more water is to eat a bit more fat. According to your meals, you are eating loads of fiber and little fat, I have noticed that too much fiber and too little fat can also cause constipation. I had a friend who is normal weight but always struggle with constipation, her doctor keep telling her to eat more fiber, even fiber supplement with no result. I told her to eat bit more fat, and her problem is lessened dramatically. As for water try add some flavor drop, fruit infusion, diluted tea whatever to help you drink more.