Options
13»

Replies

• Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    And wow, just skim read the comments. Jesus, how can people still be saying "cover up better" in 2018. What. The. Hell.

While I agree with your sentiment, unfortunately reality sometimes dictates something different. You can't always expect people to be decent human beings. I'm not saying it's right, but it is sometimes the reality.

I'm well aware of the reality. Too much so, I might go so far to say, one thing you shouldn't do is assume a stranger's backstory or previous knowledge. But you CAN and SHOULD expect decency from people, you just need to face the fact you may not always get it. To say "it's just the way it is" indicates that "that's ok then, it's the way it is because it's the way it's always been and thus that is how it WILL always be" and that's not ok either.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Do you have self defence classes in your area? That's a (fun) workout, and it may help you build a bit of confidence in that regard. Not all encounters are scary, some can be safely ignored (most, actually). A good class would teach you which is which and what to do about it.

Personally, I workout at home because it's more convenient, although I could go outside if I wanted. I live in an area where harassment is very rare. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Get a better sports bra. Just keep returning them until you find one that works. As for harassment work on your resting *kitten* face and the I'm going to murder you and your family stare. Seems to work for me. I like the idea of the self defense class. Fitness and learning to kick *kitten*. Sounds like a winning combination.
  • AMC110
    AMC110 Posts: 188 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I came across an online ad for something called a Booband which you strap around your chest and is designed to minimise breast bounce when you run/exercise. Not sure how effective that would be on larger cup sizes but might be worth looking into.

There are lots of free fitness routines and aerobics videos you could follow along to on youtube in the comfort of your own home.
  • johncharles1962
    johncharles1962 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Try a Concept 2, cardio, strength and suppleness, sat down rowing and nobody will know if your a A cup or HH
  • RunningBuryBlue
    RunningBuryBlue Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can’t help with the ins and outs of sports bras but cycling may be what you are looking for. Plenty of second hand bikes on eBay, and lots of cheap (and flattering) gear. Also excellent exercise.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Right, there are ways to dress that will not cause that kind of attention. Also posting about it seems like the opposite of not liking attention.

Loose-fitting clothing - jackets, oversized tee shirts. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Victim shaming, good job mate. HH boobs are massive, she would have to wear a tent got it to be baggy and hide them. She is posting in what should be a safe environment for some advice. If men had any respect for women it is a problem she wouldn't even have (cue the "not all men" brigade)

Also I would suggest either doing some workouts with a friend so there is safety in numbers, or I must say I do enjoy a good at home work out DVD! But try squats, push ups etc rather than cardio to stop the girls getting too wild!
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I read these threads and have to say sorry for all the male jerks in the world...I'm sorry! I hope you find a way to exercise that works for you and you can do what you want/need to that way.