21 day sugar detox

Good morning,
I am on day 6 of the 21 DSD and am having trouble finding enough foods with potassium and magnesium. Any suggestions that aren't beets or kale?
Also if anyone is doing this program too I would love to be friends. I am on more of a Primal diet eating style for this, but would love to hear from vegetarian / vegans.
My reason for doing this program is to challenge the way I view food and what's on my plate.
Thank you!

Replies

• demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Maybe look for a supplement just for the next couple weeks
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    If you are eating plenty of vegetables and especially if you also include beans and lentils, there shouldn't be an issue with K or Mg. If you are using MFP to track those, be aware you need to be careful how you log things or they won't be counted.
  • haleyrhart
    haleyrhart Posts: 26 Member
    Unfortunately during this detox there are no beans/lentils. So I am eating a ton of vegetables!
  • haleyrhart
    haleyrhart Posts: 26 Member
    demorelli wrote: »
    Maybe look for a supplement just for the next couple weeks

Thank you for your advice. I will look into supplementing for the next 2 weeks that are left!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Sweet potato, white potato, winter squashes, broccoli, leafy greens, fish like salmon.
  • LuvMyBoys04
    LuvMyBoys04 Posts: 6 Member
    https://louisville.edu/medicine/departments/familymedicine/files/Potassium Food List.pdf this is a list of foods that are high in potassium from U. of Louisville
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Well why do a detox only to start back on sugar after? I would simply cut back refined carbs and sugars. that way you would have some kind of sustainable eating habits after.
  • BigRed2525
    BigRed2525 Posts: 45 Member
    https://louisville.edu/medicine/departments/familymedicine/files/Potassium Food List.pdf this is a list of foods that are high in potassium from U. of Louisville

Are you from Louisville by chance? I’m a 2x UofL alum!