Runners with steamed up glasses

Options
I’ve figured out how to keep the rain off my glasses, but, summer and winter both, I can’t figure out how to keep my glasses from steaming over. Anyone have any ideas besides spit or the anti fog stuff for your snorkeling mask, both of which dry out unclear?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I don't usually have this problem but...I found a great anti-fog for my swim goggles. Maybe it would work for glasses? I dilute baby shampoo with water in a mini spray bottle(from the travel/sample size section of Walmart). You just spray it on and let it run off. It won't sting since its baby shampoo.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I got some contact lenses for workout days. Although I have progressive glasses I wear single vision contacts just for working out and outdoors. I don't need to see close up at the gym. $20 per box at Walmart Vision Centre. Perhaps this is an option for you too.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Lick your glasses.

Seriously. Old swimming trick with goggles.
  • lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a face mask (Seirus innovation 6810) that supposedly helps with glasses. I’ll report back after I use it.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Following... All I can say is buffing dish soap on mine didn't work.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks all
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Lick your glasses.

Seriously. Old swimming trick with goggles.

ayup. we used to spit and then sloosh with a little water to coat them, but it's easier with goggles since they have a lip.

never tried it myself, but the bike-commuter forum where i used to hang out communally swore by this stuff .
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I use anti-fog stuff (muc-off or oakley), never found it to not be clear after application.