Keeping the core in check at Starbucks

2»

Replies

• ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    I always get iced coffee with sugar free vanilla and half and half. May not be the best, but it sure beats out the 500+ calorie frapps. Most days I make my coffee at home though.
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    I like the flat whites or cappuccinos. Most of the calories is just milk and I add the spices they have out and one packet if raw sugar so it’s not too bad. Just don’t buy any baked goods.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    aimanj7 wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    What are your reasons to study at Starbucks?

I know that I usually end up there because free wifi and the ability to talk with my study buddies. Because of the second part the library is usually a no go. When there's a free classroom, we try to snag it and just study there.

I tend to just get the cheapest black coffee (not as if their coffee improves with priciness) and add some artificial sweeteners and a touch of cinnamon. Or I get a big cup of tea. Again, not as good as another shop nearby, but that shop has neither seating nor wifi. So Starbucks it is.

Might there be a suitable place to study in your immediate vicinity that fulfills your requirements without the temptation of high calorie drinks?

I used to study at home but my family is the biggest distraction! I have a big family and I just can’t focus when everyone’s around. It’s funny that I manage to get most work done at a Starbucks/second cup because there are lots of people and it’s even noisier than home.

The library is always packed otherwise I end up there. I don’t know why, but every time I go to a coffee shop I just find myself being more productive. When the coffee kicks in it just helps me focus lol When I’m working on a stats assignment I’m able to focus and be more efficient when running an analysis and developing a report. So I hear you all! I definitely want to avoid coffee shops in general, but honestly, the environment helps me work and I do really well... so I’m kinda stuck at the moment

That i can fully understand... I get the "are you studying? Can I quickly bother you" about every 5 minutes when I try to study at home.

The background noise at a coffee shop isn't trying to directly grab your attention, first name and all. Its just there. A white noise that can block out other diatravtions.

Good luck with stats. I'll have that joy next semester ;-)
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Grande skinny iced latte for me, sugar free vanilla syrup.
    Comes in about 60 cals I think.
    (Lower than hot because half the cup is ice rather than milk!)

Still feels enough like a frapp for me, but way lower cal.