Daily-weekly support needed

Options
HI everyone! I am new and not quite sure how the adding friends thing works. I am looking for daily or weekly support. I am 43, 5,5 and 152.4 lbs. I am trying to get fit and down to 125 lbs. I am trying to restrict my calories to 1200 per day and I exercise with Fitness Blender 6 days a week. I started 2 weeks ago and it seems like I did not even lose a full pound yet. It is very depressing since I find it all very hard to manage without seriously depriving myself. I have horrible headaches and mood swings. I work from home and cook all my food from scratch. I eat chicken and salmon, a lot of fruits and vegetables and avoid dairy, processed sugar, gluten and everything white. I use a lot of spices in my food. I think I lost a few cm in the waist though but it is so hard to measure correctly. It is so hard to not get a reward. I am very committed to a lifestyle change. Anyone with similar experiences? I would so love to lose 2 lbs per week, but it seems impossible.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You are barely overweight, so you can't expect to lose more than half a pound per week. You can't expect to see weight loss definitely on the scale in just a couple of weeks. You don't have to exercise to lose weight. You don't have to restrict to 1200 calories to lose weight. You don't have to eat any particular foods or cut anything out to lose weight. What you need to do to lose weight, is to eat fewer calories than you burn, and do it for real, consistently and for a long time.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    If you want to stay committed I recommend you reduce the loss rate and up your calories. I was where you were, 5'5, went from 175 to 135 and never dipped below about 1400 cals doing it, I managed on 1360 for a couple of days tops. It is slow towards the end, yes, but what's the rush? What happens after?
  • Sojo15
    Sojo15 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So you are saying my loss is normal? I understand everyone has different goals and experiences. Mine is that I feel extremely uncomfortable in my own body. I just feel I have been really unhealthy and it is a long way back. I use to be quite skinny and the last years the weight just piled on, so I do not recognize myself. I went up three sizes in clothes. My BMI says I am overweight, and I have a lot of fat stored in the middle, which I understand is dangerous. I am just looking for support. It is true that I might be stressing myself out, but breaking the routine will not make me less stressed I think.
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Lookingto lose 2 lbs a week at your stats is unrealistic. I am close, 45 years old 5'6" and 153. I am set to lose 1lb a week and once I get below 150, I will start aiming for 1/2 a pound. It sounds like you are going super extreme and in the long run, that tends to lead to burn out. Going slower may not be what you want to hear, but it will be more sustainable and healthier. I find 1200 very restrictive, but at 1400, I find a little wiggle room which makes me feel so much better! I also have much better workouts when I get enough food. Remember that MFP doesn't include any extra calories for your purposeful exercise and you are meant to eat at least a portion of those calories in addition to your daily allowance.
  • Sojo15
    Sojo15 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    akmomof7 wrote: »
    Lookingto lose 2 lbs a week at your stats is unrealistic. I am close, 45 years old 5'6" and 153. I am set to lose 1lb a week and once I get below 150, I will start aiming for 1/2 a pound. It sounds like you are going super extreme and in the long run, that tends to lead to burn out. Going slower may not be what you want to hear, but it will be more sustainable and healthier. I find 1200 very restrictive, but at 1400, I find a little wiggle room which makes me feel so much better! I also have much better workouts when I get enough food. Remember that MFP doesn't include any extra calories for your purposeful exercise and you are meant to eat at least a portion of those calories in addition to your daily allowance.

That is helpful. We are basically similar in weight and goals (not knowing what your end goal is.) I am also a mother of young children and it seems you also have a very cute child! Do you want to keep in touch? Would be so awesome to get under 150 at least!! It is hard because my partner (a female) is eating the same as I and is losing very very fast. We started the same and she now weighs 142. However I clocked 155 sometime during Christmas, so maybe I lost more than I think.