Logging using recipe function

Options
Hello everyone,

I cook everything from scratch and realize it really helps to use the import recipe function. Still learning this site. I think I really miscalculated because I quick-added someone else's food item. It came in much higher than before.

I am still really struggling to not get in red in the sugars. I have a sweet tooth but really, I can't eat one citrus fruit and a cup of raw grapes per day without going red?? I am not eating bread or starchy foods, mostly just lean protein and veggies.... started to cut out whole grains. I thought you could eat a lot of fruit while on diet.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    unless you are diabetic, sugar isnt a bad thing. especially natural sugars.
  • craigspaterson33
    craigspaterson33 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would not stress on the sugar calculation the app determines as applied to fruit. While there is "sugar", it is not added sugar. It is the sweetness we are supposed to enjoy from whole foods, with all the fiber and nutrients along with it. Refined sugar from baked goods, juices, and processed foods are the ones to stay away from. Sticking with whole fruits, your tastebuds will soon find the artificial stuff off-putting.
  • Sojo15
    Sojo15 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I would not stress on the sugar calculation the app determines as applied to fruit. While there is "sugar", it is not added sugar. It is the sweetness we are supposed to enjoy from whole foods, with all the fiber and nutrients along with it. Refined sugar from baked goods, juices, and processed foods are the ones to stay away from. Sticking with whole fruits, your tastebuds will soon find the artificial stuff off-putting.

I noticed that already when I slipped and ate processed sugar a week ago. It made me almost lose interest in any item with processed sugar.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I have tried using the import recipe facility but it never works and I end up creating the recipe manually :/
  • Sojo15
    Sojo15 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have tried using the import recipe facility but it never works and I end up creating the recipe manually :/

I do that too, but it has also worked to import. I think!
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options

Yep, same, I almost always end up doing it manually.

As far as sugar, if your main source is whole fruits as opposed to added sugars, I probably wouldn't stress going over. I have actively worked over the last year to cut out lots of added sugar, and I am glad that I have. I don't worry at all about sugar in whole fruits though.