Pre Workout

Options
What is the best preworkout for a woman trying to lose weight? I’m new to this stuff.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    for me, food
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you are doing but the chances are you don’t need a preworkout snack. Your muscles have more than enough glycogen for a workout, you shouldn’t need to worry about fuelling unless you’re going over a couple of hours.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    for me, food

My wife doesn't like how she feels training fasted so when we go out for a session together she'll have half a PB sandwich.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I hate pre-workout. I don't use it. I'll have a Monster Ultra Zero if I need a little kick.
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I use LIT- Gummy Worm. I like it because it gives me that tiny bit more energy when I do cardio. If I strength train, then there is no need for me.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    There is no best. It is whatever gives you the most optimal performance (keeping your calorie intake in mind of course)

For me it is coffee and candy
  • Back_2_Fit
    Back_2_Fit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I actually LOVE pre-workout, but I can only do it for my evening workouts or if I've eaten breakfast before an AM workout...I use Mr. Hyde by ProSupps, it does pack a little punch...they have one that is less stimulating, Dr. Jekyl. I've used both, but personally I like the stimulants in Mr. Hyde. You can read the differences here: https://www.sportyshealth.com.au/blog/supplement-reviews/difference-between-pro-supps-dr-jekyll-mr-hyde-pre-workouts/

I've also used Jack3d bu USPLabs which I really liked also, but I took it so long that my body got used to it.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Preworkout is not a necessity. That said, I personally use C4 preworkout. A lot of people prefer black coffee.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Most pre-workout drinks are primarily caffeine...
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Probably the same thing for a man. Except for a few key hormonal differences and despite what the fitness industry says. We are quite similar.

Caffeine and a banana if you know nothing about supplements.

Don’t waste your money. The most effective thing supplements have is their placebo effect. Aside from that, it’s mostly caffeine.
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I like these food packets called Fuel for Fire - They are mixes of fruits, veggies, and whey protein isolate. Ingredient list is short with nothing artificial. Comes pasteurized in baby food like packets that you can just throw into your gym bag.

For the Strawberry Banana

Calories: 105
    Carbs: 15
    Protein: 12
    Fat: 0
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I usually just drink my coffee....
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Back_2_Fit wrote: »
    I actually LOVE pre-workout, but I can only do it for my evening workouts or if I've eaten breakfast before an AM workout...I use Mr. Hyde by ProSupps, it does pack a little punch...they have one that is less stimulating, Dr. Jekyl. I've used both, but personally I like the stimulants in Mr. Hyde. You can read the differences here: https://www.sportyshealth.com.au/blog/supplement-reviews/difference-between-pro-supps-dr-jekyll-mr-hyde-pre-workouts/

I've also used Jack3d bu USPLabs which I really liked also, but I took it so long that my body got used to it.

I second these. I like Hyde because I don't feel jittery when I use it.

Also, any of the Monster Energy Drinks "Ultra" lineup. 0 Sugar, 10 Cal. Loving the Violet flavor right now, and I know I'm not alone because everywhere I go they keep selling out.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    If you're going to use something more than caffeine/food. Do yourself a favor and go to examine.com to review the research regarding effectiveness and dosing.

for example. C4 has beta alanine and Creatine. Both are proven effective at improving work/recovery/etc. However, the effective dose for each is about 5 g . a scoop of c4 is 6.5 g. Do the math.
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I used Vega Pre-Workout for the longest time. Did I notice a difference? Not sure.
    Got sick of the taste after a while.

Straight black coffee on the pre workout treadmill works for now.
  • CharlieLond
    CharlieLond Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    caffeine! :-)
  • coffeebean1988
    coffeebean1988 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like Celsius heat or regular Celsius energy drinks... natural and made with green tea. Works for me for the extra caffeine boost to keep me going (I’m a 3rd shift RN so I’m usually exhausted). Otherwise, good old black coffee/espresso ;)
  • JAYxMSxPES
    JAYxMSxPES Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you don't really need that for losing weight. Weight loss will come mainly from how you manage your nutrition. Some of the pre-workout supplements can help improve training performance depending on what's in them and how much of those items are in them. If you need a boost, try just black coffee or I've heard Beet Juice is great too. Not to mention the PWO drinks can be really expensive.