Silly question

Options
Is there a difference between the mobile site and the app? I have been having major battery issues with my Droid and I'm reluctant to download an app. Please let me know if there's anything I'm missing by not having it or if it's exactly the same. Thank you!

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    The app forums drain my battery SUPER quickly. The other parts of it don't really have an effect.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    you can see other people's diaries easier with the web version (with the app I think you have to friend them even if their diary is public)...but you can only post pics in your newsfeed with the app, not the web version.
  • ccyoda14
    ccyoda14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The app just makes it convenient to log food and exercise because of the use of scan codes and it can be carried around with you. But I actually prefer the website, it makes it easier to read message boards.
  • shannonprovenzano2812
    Options
    I like both versions! You wont miss anything using either. I prefer the web version for forums because they're easier. But I prefer the mobile version sometimes because it's easier to get notifications in regards to comments on my feed and things like that.
  • dcinthesummer
    dcinthesummer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with battery drain on my Droid Z Play using the forums on the app and Twitter through the day and listening to a music app. But I have a battery pack mod. It keeps the phone at 80% and the mod is down to 70-75% by the end of a work day.